News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RADExpand 5 Wheel Size

Started by rsghowellnj, April 18, 2022, 06:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

rsghowellnj

I just added the LCD to my RADExpand 5 but don't know the size wheels that I should be putting into the programming menu in the LCD Screen.  Does anyone know?

Rad68

rsghowellnj

Eric7

Quote from: rsghowellnj on April 18, 2022, 06:34:43 PM
I just added the LCD to my RADExpand 5 but don't know the size wheels that I should be putting into the programming menu in the LCD Screen.  Does anyone know?

I have the Rad Mini ST.  The size of the wheel is 20 inch when you are buying wheels and tires. The actual diameter of a fully pumped up 3 inch wide CST Big Boat tire on a 20 inch wheel is 21 3/4 inches. 

If you are measuring speed or distance, you can be about 10% off.  Of course, the setting on the controller may have already internally compensated for that but we don't know.

rsghowellnj

NaturallyRC

Nope. But I wonder the same thing. I like to log all my rides, and it pains me to think I am off. That said, I rode by one of those signs that shoot radar at you and post your speed, and it was basically a match. Not very scientific, I know.

Quote from: rsghowellnj on April 18, 2022, 06:34:43 PM