News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Wired Bluetooth speakers with wired remote help

Started by Mkonrath72, January 16, 2022, 09:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Mkonrath72

Hello.  I am new to ebikes.  I have a power wagon.  I was thinking it would be awesome to add mounting speakers and a remote to my bike that run off of the bikes battery instead of just a portable speaker.  I found this system off Boss.   Is this doable or am I insane?   Thx. https://bossaudio.com/product/mcbk625ba/

DickB

It's doable, but not a simple installation process. You will need to use a voltage converter, and make hard connections to your battery wiring on the bike, involving partial disassembly if you do it right.  Frankly, maybe not for an ebike or electrical novice. Also, those speakers are overkill for a bicycle, unless you want to annoy your neighbors. (I do have similar speakers on my motorcycle, so I have some experience.)

On my Rad I'm using one of these speakers specifically made for a bicycle. I have the USB charge cord permanently plugged into the Rad charge port, so  it is always being charged when the bike is on. Plug and play.  The sound is decent, but if you want better, there are plenty of portable Bluetooth speakers out there that use a USB charger.

Mkonrath72

Thank u for your response.  I am having a hard time understanding how u permanently have usb plugged in so it's charged when power is on.  Please help if u would

DickB

Quote from: Mkonrath72 on January 16, 2022, 09:15:23 PM
Thank u for your response.  I am having a hard time understanding how u permanently have usb plugged in so it's charged when power is on.  Please help if u would
My Rover 5 has a USB charge port on the display. Just plug a short USB cord from the display to the speaker and leave it plugged in. I actually use a USB Y connector and power both this speaker and a Garmin nav.