News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Controller for radwagon 2017

Started by Flyinbrian, December 30, 2021, 07:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Flyinbrian

I found a few potential replacements for my 2017 radwagon controller. The first pic on the orange bike is the original. The rest are potential replacements. None are exactly the same. Im wondering if they will work with the rad display that came with the bike.

Radding Along

Unfortunately I don't think any of those controllers will work. You don't need to be worried as much with compatibility with the display, but more so the motor. You can always buy an inexpensive display to match the new controller. But unless the controller matches the motor, you are dead in the water.

By the way, the one pic you show is of a Rad Runner controller. That controller is not compatible with the 2017 wagon. In fact, the 2016 and 2017 wagon use the same controller. But the controller Rad uses on the 16/17 wagon does not work on any other Rad bike.

A new controller from Rad is around $100. If they list it as out of stock, ask the customer service person if they can search inventory and see if one of their remote locations might have one in stock. I read a Facebook forum post saying that the part number was 400-00028.

Flyinbrian

From what i understand rad wont sell me parts since i bought the bike used. I can upgrade from bolton but they are out of stock as well.

Radding Along

I'm not sure where you got your information, but Rad will sell parts to anyone, even someone who bought the bike second hand. What they won't do is warranty a second hand bike if you bought it during the warranty period. I believe someone misinformed you.

Radding Along

I had to call Rad to check on a part I need. While on the phone I asked about your controller. They have it in stock.

Flyinbrian

Radding Along thank you so much! Im gonna call them and grab one of them. That made my day. Thanks again.