Author Topic: Trailer on Rover 5  (Read 2060 times)

crorris

• View Profile
Trailer on Rover 5
« on: December 01, 2021, 11:25:15 AM »
My daughter just ordered this Schwinn Rascal bike trailer for me for my Rover 5 for Christmas. Has any one here used this on a Rad bike yet?

https://amzn.to/3EIF0Ge
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 07:36:24 PM by Ryan »

j.Au

• View Profile
Re: Trailer on Rover 5
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 12:40:42 PM »
Just laced this into my RR+.  What kind of top speed is everyone getting?

boris_911

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 10:48:21 AM »
I use a different trailer for our puppies to haul them around when we go for a ride. It’s probably a bit larger than the one you are getting. Puppies love it.
My Rover 5 has no issues hauling it (same with my wife’s Mini Step Through). And I honestly do not think it uses more power then when without the trailer.

One of the best accessories we bought so far.

BTW, you will need to drill the trailer attachment to 12.7mm hole (1/2”) when you go to attach it to the bike axle shaft. They are made for a 10mm shaft and our bikes come with a 12mm shaft. Picture of the black bracket attached.

Boris

Jim Mc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 07:47:49 AM »
I use a different trailer for our puppies to haul them around when we go for a ride. It’s probably a bit larger than the one you are getting. Puppies love it.
My Rover 5 has no issues hauling it (same with my wife’s Mini Step Through). And I honestly do not think it uses more power then when without the trailer.

BTW, you will need to drill the trailer attachment to 12.7mm hole (1/2”) when you go to attach it to the bike axle shaft. They are made for a 10mm shaft and our bikes come with a 12mm shaft. Picture of the black bracket attached.

Boris

Boris

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 07:47:49 AM »