News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

New Seat Test and quick review of Radcity5 Plus

Started by Packrat1, November 10, 2021, 06:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Packrat1

Just received two Radcity5 Plus bikes. Wife was unhappy with the seat which was quite hard compared to my buddy's  Radcity 3's seat. Tested a Pedego seat, Serfas Tailbones Memory foam TBM-30 seat, and a gel seat cover from Walmart. Hands down the Serfas seat was the most comfortable.

The bike's new motor has a lot more power more than my friend's Radcity3. I'm not a fan of the new derailleur I prefer the older shimano but that's personal preference. The new displays are nice. The new bike sits a little higher than the Radcity 3 but manageable. While in the Pedego store I saw their comparable model to the Radcity5 it was about $2900 and had the same motor as the old Radcity 3.

Ddaybc

The seats make a huge difference in how a bike feels. In June and July when I first got it, my Radwagon 4 felt like I was riding a board when I had the original seat. I like the bike but OMG it was not fun riding it.
I used a Selle brand seat (I don't know what model) from an old bike I had and put it on the RW4. My seat has lots of padding, some gel on top and a set of rubber suspension pads/pucks under it so it has made a massive difference in comfort. it made it feel like a totally different bike. So much so that I'm no longer researching a suspension seat post.
It's been an excellent upgrade!

And yes, the Rad bikes are good value for their price!

Packrat1

I also checked out a cloud9 seat today still like the Serfas better.

SemperVee

Stock seat is pretty nice comparatively from those I have used before.    Cloud9 was horrible for me.  FIDO seat on now better but not perfect.   

There is a seat for every ass.   None of them are perfect, but some more perfect than others.  EOM

Altema

Different seat for different rears, but I think we all agree that stock seats usually suck 😂
I switch between the Selle Royal Cruiser and the C9 Cruiser Select Airflow. The Selle has far better springs and is more cushy, but the seat interferes with pedaling, so I'll swap depending on the ride style.