Author Topic: Rad Mini Rear Rack - Great Alternative Option  (Read 4997 times)

RadSean

• View Profile
Rad Mini Rear Rack - Great Alternative Option
« on: November 15, 2021, 09:46:10 AM »
If you're like me and found yourself very disappointed that Rad Power is out of stock of the rear rack for the Rad Mini, count yourself lucky. This rack on Amazon fits like a glove, looks like it's factory supplied, is cheaper, and holds more weight than the Rad mini rear rack. Honestly I couldn't be more pleased with the fit and finish.

Ibera Bike Rack - https://amzn.to/3nBGyeR
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 02:03:43 PM by Ryan »

HDrider

• View Profile
Re: Rad Mini Rear Rack - Great Alternative Option
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »
 Has anyone else tried this rack?

RadBoleyRad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 05:57:13 PM »
Thanks .Very Good to know it fits.I did look at this on Amazon as an alternative but didn't think it would fit being its for a full size skinny tire bike.I may try one. Is your Mini a Version 4 ?

RadBoleyRad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 06:16:35 AM »
Did you move the tail light onto the rear of the Ibera Bike Rack?

MplsBri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 02:42:47 PM »
I have the same questions as the others - it's a direct fit for sure? Seems made for a different frame size. Also, I know the factory rack comes with a lead for moving the brake light, were you able to move and mount yours to the rear of the rack?
Update: I also got this rack, got better quality fasteners for it and have it mounted. I didn't need an extender for the brake light cable, which was nice. The huge Iberra panniers are perfect for touring, which is what I want to use it for.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 02:08:24 PM by MplsBri »

Veggyhed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 04:21:44 AM »
I have the ibera rack which I purchased off Amazon along with an extension kit for the rear light for my mini 4. I use my bike everyday as a daily commuter and have panniers on it. I've been using the system for a little over a year now with no problems.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Rad_Mini_4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 04:37:29 AM »
Hello Radmini owners.

I searched for a long time to find a rear rack to fit my Rad Mini 4 that I bought new in 2021.

I wanted something sturdy and wasn’t happy with the quality or look of the Amazon or ebay options.

Eventually I took the plunge and tried out the Cargo Rack from Tern at around 70€.

Google: Tern Cargo Rack

It fits perfectly and looks great too.

I have also mounted the Thule Yepp Nexxt Children’s seat on there which also fits and works a treat.

Maybe this will help someone else save a lot of time either waiting for the stock rack to come available or researching the web.

Rad_Mini_4

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2022, 10:27:57 AM »
Here’s a photo

rfv

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2023, 02:03:03 PM »
If you're like me and found yourself very disappointed that Rad Power is out of stock of the rear rack for the Rad Mini, count yourself lucky. This rack on Amazon fits like a glove, looks like it's factory supplied, is cheaper, and holds more weight than the Rad mini rear rack. Honestly I couldn't be more pleased with the fit and finish.

Ibera Bike Rack - https://amzn.to/3nBGyeR

I purchased this rack (IB-RA5) from amazon hoping it would be an easy install, but the bolts (4 short, 2 long) don't fit the Rad Mini 4 -- they're too thin. Anyone know what bolts I need and where to get them? Thanks.

Omidia Ramin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2023, 10:49:48 PM »
Not to be loud, but in my opinion, NO, NO, NO!!

I had (have actually) a mini 4, was lucky enough to get a rack from the start, fits fine but it doesn?t accept most paniers/attachy things because the tubes are too thick? HUGE PAIN IN THE BUTT.

After a year and a half i found out that the rad ROVER rack fits the mini just beautifully, and has tubes of a workable size.

Instead of sittting maybe an inch off the fender like the mini rack does, it sits maybe 6 iinches up, so not a lot at all..

Totally recommend doing this.

rfv

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 12:29:52 PM »
Not to be loud, but in my opinion, NO, NO, NO!!

I had (have actually) a mini 4, was lucky enough to get a rack from the start, fits fine but it doesn?t accept most paniers/attachy things because the tubes are too thick? HUGE PAIN IN THE BUTT.

After a year and a half i found out that the rad ROVER rack fits the mini just beautifully, and has tubes of a workable size.

Instead of sittting maybe an inch off the fender like the mini rack does, it sits maybe 6 iinches up, so not a lot at all..

Totally recommend doing this.

I bought a Rad Mini rear rack, and believe it or not, it doesn't fit my Rad Mini 4! If I loosely connect up the bottom, the top connections will not align, a mm or two off. And vice versa if I connect up the top ones first. Also, the bolts package that came with it have the wrong bolts, M5 instead of M6 for the bottom -- I had to borrow a few bolts from the front rack connectors. The H/W package actually says "RadRover", so I wonder if this is really a Rover rack. Go figure! Rad is sorting it out for me, but I see the Mini rack is now listed as "out of stock".

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 12:29:52 PM »