News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Failed controller.

Started by j0in2me, November 14, 2021, 08:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

j0in2me

Hello, so ... we got the brand new Rad Runner in July. Shortly after(September) controller failed, randomly turning the engine off, etc. Troubleshooted with customer support and they placed a replacement order for a new controller (as the bike is under warranty).

It's been about 1+ months since then. Here is what I got from support:
Quotethe controller is in backorder.
Our team is focused on getting and keeping all Rad Power Bikes, accessories, and spare parts in-stock and improving restocking date accuracy. However, in the meantime, we do not have an accurate estimation of when the controller will be back in stock. We apologize.
:(
Frankly, I don't want to invest $100s of dollars for something, which should be working.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Sirch

That sucks, I'm sorry. I could say something about the global supply shortage but you already know.

Unfortunately, the only options I have for you is to 1) wait or 2) Go for an aftermarket controller and display but that will mess with your service warranty and cost you $200ish for both.

j0in2me

yeah, as of now, I am waiting for another month, as I've seen on another forum that folks mentioned about potential stock in December. @Sirch, thanks for your response.