News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Studded tires for RadWagon 4??

Started by Jonas, November 12, 2021, 01:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Jonas

I found several older posts in which people very helpfully showed which 26*2 studded tires they got, but I'd need 23*2 ones for the 4 I guess... Any advice?? I've been searching in vain, but presumably they exist somewhere out there

Ddaybc

I'm not sure which Radwagon you have but if it's the RW4 then you have 22 inch tires. Nobody makes a studded tire for them unfortunately. However, try www.slipkknottraction.com as they sell tire chains for the 22 inch tire for the RW4. Let them know exactly what you're looking for and they will make them for you. When I last checked they didn't have them listed on their website but they said they do make them and will post them soon.

Altema

Quote from: Ddaybc on November 13, 2021, 05:13:21 PM
I'm not sure which Radwagon you have but if it's the RW4 then you have 22 inch tires. Nobody makes a studded tire for them unfortunately. However, try www.slipkknottraction.com as they sell tire chains for the 22 inch tire for the RW4. Let them know exactly what you're looking for and they will make them for you. When I last checked they didn't have them listed on their website but they said they do make them and will post them soon.
I saw the videos of the SlipNot chains for bikes, and contacted the company about a 22 x 3.3 inch version. I'll post back here when I get an answer and possibly a price.

rabbid74

Try finding a dual sport motorcycle tire that fits the RadWagon rim,   I recently picked up and studded a Shinko 244 (16")  for my RadRunner+ which takes 20x4 bike tires.  Planning on mounting that beast later this week!

https://amzn.to/3yaWXuu
https://www.gripstuds.com/1100_Tire_Stud.php

Altema

Quote from: Altema on November 26, 2021, 06:00:44 AM
I saw the videos of the SlipNot chains for bikes, and contacted the company about a 22 x 3.3 inch version. I'll post back here when I get an answer and possibly a price.
I contacted the company, and they put our size on their website for both the 22 x 3 inch size, and the 22 x 3.3 inch size for the Mini and RadRunner.

Ray.Marx.67@gmail.com

Quote from: Altema on November 30, 2021, 03:10:35 PM
Quote from: Altema on November 26, 2021, 06:00:44 AM
I contacted the company, and they put our size on their website for both the 22 x 3 inch size, and the 22 x 3.3 inch size for the Mini and RadRunner.
I happen to have the latest RR+ and it has 20" x 3.3" tires on it, somewhere I read recently the 4" wife's will fit, haven't been able to get any to try them myself yet but, I too want some knobbys for my RR+ that can be outfitted with studs if I have a need for them. Apparently, Kenda makes them if you can find them, unsure about anyone else.