News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Seat height setting

Started by revdvd, November 06, 2021, 02:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

revdvd

I can't discern the maximum seat height setting on my RadCity StepThru. Since I ride with the seat set to the maximum height, is there a good way to mark/detect the setting without a magnifying glass so I can readjust after lowering the seat height for shorter riders?  File mark? Nail polish?  Dremel line?  = all seem a bit unattractive

JimInPT

Quote from: revdvd on November 06, 2021, 02:12:55 PM
I can't discern the maximum seat height setting on my RadCity StepThru. Since I ride with the seat set to the maximum height, is there a good way to mark/detect the setting without a magnifying glass so I can readjust after lowering the seat height for shorter riders?  File mark? Nail polish?  Dremel line?  = all seem a bit unattractive

I had the same issue with my MiniST when I was dialing in the Redshift suspension post, which needs the seatpost tube fully removed to adjust tension; I used a piece of blue masking tape while cogitating on the problem. 

My solution was simple and looks good - I bought a 28.6mm seatpost clamp on Amazon (to fit the 27.2mm seat post) and just tightened it into place on the tube.  Now, if I remove the tube by loosening the main clamp, I just drop it back in and the smaller clamp stops it at exactly the right place.  I also carefully aligned the split in the clamp so that I can easily center the seat in rotation by lining up the split with the bike's frame.

The only problem is that this particular 28.6mm size clamp is fairly difficult to find because it's smaller than standard, and you have to be very careful to properly select it when ordering to get the right size.  Here's the one I bought; it was the last one in stock at the time: https://amzn.to/3qYiNQg

Oh crap, I just re-read your post - this might not work in your situation; you need to temporarily lower, not raise or remove, the post.  My solution would prevent you from lowering it.  Sorry, but I'll leave this post up in case somebody else finds it useful.  In your case, I'd probably just mask off and paint a stripe on the tube, which should last a long while unless you're constantly moving the post up and down.  You could use a slightly-different shade of black so it's subtle.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Jay West

The best way for me is to use a white china marker.  This way if you change your mind about your setting (and who doesn't) you can just wipe it off and remark.