News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Sizing for 6'3 tall

Started by RadDerrick, November 01, 2021, 03:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

RadDerrick

I cross posted this in the general channel too...

First post on this awesome forum... Currently have a Rad Runner for my kiddo, amazing bike.  I am interested in the Rad City 5 Plus was curious if anyone had any feedback or suggestion on the size fitting someone on the taller side... 6'3. Also interested of others experience on other rad bikes for tall folks. I'm hoping to get to a showroom or somewhere to test drive but looking for any advice. I have also seen the sizing chart on the rad website. Will cross-post in the Rad City forum.

Thanks

Radding Along

Old thread, but I will take a crack at it. The new City 5 plus is a tall bike. It does suit taller riders. But whether it is tall enough for you is another question. The web page says up to 6'5". Personally I think you would be happy with the size.

Billrm455

Hi Derrick, 

I am just under 6'3" and purchased a RadCity 5 Stepthru yesterday from the Seattle store. With the seat post set at the maximum safe height line,  it  is nowhere near high enough to get a full pedal stroke and felt uncomfortable to ride for an extended period of time. I did push it out as far as I dared and it still was not enough, but close.  I think with a good post extension it will be fine. I will be posting to ask for suggestions.  Good luck on your search.

Amocat07

I once was 6' 3", somewhere on my climb up the age ladder, I'm now just under 6'2" on a good day.  Just got my 5 Plus today and for me to fit properly, I'll need a longer seat post than what came with the bike.  I have no idea where they think a 6' 5" frame will fit "properly" on the stock bike.  In addition, my size 14 shoes hit the kickstand and the chainstay on the other side.  I'm having to adapt my foot position to avoid this issue.  Good Luck!  10 miles on the bike and power and responsiveness are very nice.

lonelocust

Like another poster here, I too topped out at 6'3" and am now in decline at 6'2". My RC5+ fits darned near perfectly without hitting minimum insertion on the seat post.

I think it's good to remember that the sizing of a bike/seat height isn't about the rider's height, but about their inseam length. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrSmile

I have a Rad City 5 Plus step through, I'm 5'7" with a pretty average leg length and the seat post is almost at it's maximum setting in order for me to get the proper leg extension. I'd have to agree that anyone over 5'10" will need a longer seat post, which is pretty easy to do as the seat post is standard diameter 27.2mm.

mowogo

I'm 6'4 and had the opportunity to purchase at an event at the RadMobile depot where we could confirm that the step thru is too short for me and that I required the high step for the City 5.  The high step fits perfectly, and will be taking it for its first commute to work tomorrow.

Ddaybc

The height suggestion on the Rad website are simply suggestions. They're a good place to start however one needs to be very aware of their inseam (leg length) so they can choose the correct size bike. As an example I'm only six feet tall and I have a 34" inseam. I know someone who is only 5' 8" and they have the same inseam as I do and another person who is 6' 3" with the same inseam. Try the bikes out and if you like one of them but it doesn't fit your leg length be aware you may need a different seat post insert.