News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad City power issues

Started by TDR, October 11, 2021, 01:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

TDR

My Rad City is out of warranty and has developed a weird problem this summer. Occasionally, it just dies. Some times I can bring it back to life by keying off and back on. Today I had a new twist, I started my ride in PA 2 and got no watts. Display remained lit, no assist. Pulled over, Keyed off and on, pedal assist 2 gave me 750 watts of boost. Controller issue?

DCH3416

Maybe. It could also be a throttle issue. Does yours have the throttle with the push button on/off? And does the screen always remain on, or goes blank?

TDR

Display goes dark when the power cuts out. My throttle does not have the push button feature. Was going to ride th the gym this am and bike would flash on display screen and immediately go blank. Tried re-keying several times, same result.

DCH3416

Oh. Well that's a little different. Check over your wiring harness for loose connections, both off the handlebars and underneath. Unplug and plug. Particularly the plug for the battery. One of the wires may have worked themselves loose.

Controller issues can happen, but aren't too common. Most of the electronic problems seem to come from the display, usually that's an all or nothing deal where it'll just stop working forever and need to be replaced.

MikeC

Any update on the problem and solution?
Thanks