Author Topic: radrunner handlebars - need a different option  (Read 3599 times)

mtngrl

• View Profile
radrunner handlebars - need a different option
« on: October 10, 2021, 05:50:33 PM »
OK, so I have given the runner many many months and miles and I honestly cannot stand (i.e. hate) the handlebars. They are much too high for me and way too close (and yes, I tried pivoting them away from me). I am finding it difficult to find a suitable alternative that will work with the Rad stem and have the correct diameter for the throttle and have a crossbar for the display. Rad's less than helpful response was to return the bike as it is "clearly not suited to me". This is not an option as I am past the return period, which I am sure the customer service rep knew. Their customer service was awesome during the initial purchase and when FedEx damaged the bike, but much less than helpful now. I am sure there must be a solution that doesn't require selling the bike and purchasing something else. Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Sirch

• View Profile
Re: radrunner handlebars - need a different option
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 08:19:34 AM »
OK, so I have given the runner many many months and miles and I honestly cannot stand (i.e. hate) the handlebars. They are much too high for me and way too close (and yes, I tried pivoting them away from me). I am finding it difficult to find a suitable alternative that will work with the Rad stem and have the correct diameter for the throttle and have a crossbar for the display. Rad's less than helpful response was to return the bike as it is "clearly not suited to me". This is not an option as I am past the return period, which I am sure the customer service rep knew. Their customer service was awesome during the initial purchase and when FedEx damaged the bike, but much less than helpful now. I am sure there must be a solution that doesn't require selling the bike and purchasing something else. Any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Legally speaking Rad won't offer alternative solutions since it makes them liable if you damage your bike or yourself with aftermarket parts. So you can't fault them for not being able to be very helpful.

I still have the standard handlebars but I've been looking into more of a cafe racer handlebar style and I've seen other RadRunner owners use these handlebars and love them.  They won't move the bars away from where you are sitting but they will definitely lower them.

https://amzn.to/2XNboHB

https://amzn.to/3mflRom
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 07:51:57 AM by Ryan »

mtngrl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 05:06:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply Sirch. I get that Rad doesn't want to take on any liability. I was just hoping they could let me know what the diameter spec's were for the handlebars, both at the stem and at the end where the throttle would go. Anyhow, quick question re: the handlebars you are looking at: I have the RR+, with the display mounted on the crossbar. Are you looking at these bars for the standard RR or the Plus? If the RR+, would the display just be mounted at an angle?

Sirch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 05:44:19 AM »
Thanks for the reply Sirch. I get that Rad doesn't want to take on any liability. I was just hoping they could let me know what the diameter spec's were for the handlebars, both at the stem and at the end where the throttle would go. Anyhow, quick question re: the handlebars you are looking at: I have the RR+, with the display mounted on the crossbar. Are you looking at these bars for the standard RR or the Plus? If the RR+, would the display just be mounted at an angle?

From what I saw the display was mounted right in the middle straddling the headset/handlebar connection point. Reddit user xavierfg has some pictures here ( https://www.reddit.com/r/RadPowerBikes/comments/pup6jg/wired_up_my_handlebar_switches_for_turn_signals/ ) It's kinda hard to see since it's a picture highlighting the headlights/turn signals that he added on but you can pretty much make it out.

MagnumPA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 03:14:47 PM »
There are multiple colors/styles of bolt on handlebar crossbars on amazon if the stock display won't fit on the bars you choose.  Keep in mind that lowering the bars will make the already obnoxious wiring harness bulge out even more, I wish they made that whole mess a little less sloppy looking. 

PSVic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2021, 06:45:35 AM »
I bought an adjustable stem that lowered my handlebars and allowed me to adjust them further away. I'm 5''7" so the stock setup did not work.

SEANROBS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 09:16:29 PM »
I would be interested in buying your radrunner handlebars if you end up replacing them. THANKS

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 09:16:29 PM »