Author Topic: Rad Power 6 Battery Not Charging  (Read 6280 times)

taylorad3

• View Profile
Rad Power 6 Battery Not Charging
« on: September 06, 2021, 06:11:04 PM »
Hello!  I just received my Rad Power 6 a couple of days ago. Yesterday I went out for a ride, used up about half the battery, when I came back home to plug it in, the charger light indicator stays green and will not charge the battery. I checked in with Rad Support they told me replace a fuse on the battery and sent me a link but the photos in the link do not match the battery for the Rad Power 6. There are no "fuse covers" on the battery.

Any tips?

fin_rad

• View Profile
Re: Rad Power 6 Battery Not Charging
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 09:19:28 PM »
Ask again from the support, they are there for you. If by email, you could send them few photos showing what your battery looks like.

There should be fuse or two somewhere, but perhaps insidw the battery case. Only Rad Power Bikes knows.

Lähetetty minun LYA-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

taylorad3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 01:27:28 PM »
Sent in pictures of my batter yesterday, a bit weird since they should know what a Rad 6 batter should like, have not received any follow up yet.

taylorad3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 09:02:44 PM »
Update, well Rad Power Bike staff didn't know that there was no external fuse on the new Rad Power 6 battery, they were great about starting the process to send out a new one but have not heard anything about the new battery. Had my bike for 4 days, now inop. I guess I should consider myself lucky that my came earlier than the Sept 30th ETA.

caiges

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 02:30:25 PM »
I also seem to have blown my rad rover 6 plus battery fuse. They've already shipped out a replacement battery but kind of annoying to have < 50 miles on it and have it fail.

caiges

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 09:24:56 AM »
I will say their customer support has been absolutely stellar.

DandJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 12:38:41 PM »
My battery stopped working on my new RR 6plus as well.   I have been unsuccessful in getting help.   It has been 3 weeks.   I finally have signed using the automated service appointment, in a few weeks.  Not impressed with anything in connection with their service.

Update:   I've found the right resource to talk to about my problem battery,   and they are sending me a replacement.   Thanks Rad-
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 10:23:42 PM by DandJ »

caiges

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 08:44:09 AM »
My battery stopped working on my new RR 6plus as well.   I have been unsuccessful in getting help.   It has been 3 weeks.   I finally have signed using the automated service appointment, in a few weeks.  Not impressed with anything in connection with their service.

I called their support and they immediately ordered a new battery after a short troubleshooting.

twistydave

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 05:51:18 PM »
My battery stopped charging too.  Was difficult to talk to RAD.  3 weeks or so for them to send me a battery.  Was a pain dealing with them.

bruntoj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 07:56:12 AM »
Same issue with me this past week.  Was getting quotes for rad mobile and rad showroom service appointments that were 2-4 weeks out.  I spoke to the showroom service coordinator and after some imploring for help they said they had a single RR6+ battery in-stock, would hold it for me, and could fit me in as a walk-in on Black Friday.

I went in, they verified the issue and swapped the battery.  It was definitely worth the 80 mile drive! 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Radding Along

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 01:45:33 AM »
Beware not to mistakenly try to insert the battery key into the charge port. You will get a spark and possibly blow the internal fuse. lt happens a lot and easy to do if you aren't paying attention.

phahn50

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 01:27:49 PM »
is there a way to repair/replace the charge port

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 01:27:49 PM »