News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Most comfortable seat?

Started by Phatnomad, August 26, 2019, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Montanaken

Quote from: RadBiker on January 05, 2020, 08:53:25 PM
I love the cloud 9 seat!

Quote from: Ryan on September 12, 2019, 08:08:34 PM
I just want to report back that according to my wife the Cloud 9 seat is a game changer. It has kind of put off our decision to buy a suspension seatpost. I unknowingly had a gel style Cloud 9 seat just sitting in my garage and I didn't have to adjust the rails at all for it to fit. If you're at all uncomfortable on the seat it's worth a shot!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

richgraffius

I purchased
Sunlite Cloud-9 Bicycle Suspension Cruiser Saddle, Cruiser Gel, Tri-color Black to replace the original seat on my City Step Thru3.
It is slightly better but my Butt still hurts with this seat. I bought it after reading the reviews you folks have posted here. I don't know if I got a bad seat or got the wrong one but it surely is not a very comfotable seat. I need something better.

spyder918

I just installed the Cloud-9 Cruiser Select Saddle (the one with the cutout in the middle) and it's night and day comfort wise vs the stock seat.  Not sure if the cutout in the middle makes a difference?  I tried 3 different Cloud-9 seats and this one has been the best for me.

TDR

Rad City owner here. I have the Cloud 9 cruiser seat also. I also installed a suspension seat post. While they offer improvement over the stock set up, my rear end still gets sore.  Maybe something ergonomically incorrect with the riding position? Could be that I'm 65 and that's just the way it is anymore......

George3

TDR,

I experimented with 875 different positions (ok, slight exaggeration) before I got things to where I felt comfortable. From my perspective it's a combination to seat height, seat tilt, and handle bar height and rake.  I also have the suspension seat post from Rad and I installed an adjustable stem.  The adjustable stem has made a great difference for me and allowed me to dial in a perfect position which is more upright, less pressure on the arms, more pressure at the rear of the seat where the padding is.  But, you have to play with it. I just rode for a few miles, adjusted things then rode some more, made adjustments and I finally got things right.  It really doesn't take much adjustment as just a few mm one way or another makes a big difference.

spyder918

Quote from: TDR on October 20, 2020, 05:40:07 AM
Rad City owner here. I have the Cloud 9 cruiser seat also. I also installed a suspension seat post. While they offer improvement over the stock set up, my rear end still gets sore.  Maybe something ergonomically incorrect with the riding position? Could be that I'm 65 and that's just the way it is anymore......

I know what you mean.  Have you tried some padded biking shorts? 

jbfoster

I got the Cloud-9 Bicycle Suspension Cruiser Saddle, Cruiser Gel, Tri-color Black off Amazon. I am 6' and 165lbs. I did a 25 mile ride today and my butt was sore and hurting. Will a different Cloud 9 seat make any difference?

This is the one I got.
https://amzn.to/36ypLji

Thanks
Jim

George3

I tried this MSDADA seat from Amazon and so far, after 100 miles +,  I have been really happy with it.  It has ample padding for me (6ft,175lbs) and it seems to have a bit longer rail on the bottom which allows for a greater degree of adjustment horizontally, front to back.  With the adjustable stem that I have I have moved my position a bit more upright and further back.

https://amzn.to/2ICVaJ1

George

Mudder

YLG extra wide replaced my Cloud nine.  Much better.

specelec

Looking at the Cloud9, but wondering. After upgrading, do you miss the handle under the stock seat? I like having the handle for moving the bike around, but am finding the seat uncomfortable.

Altema

Quote from: specelec on December 09, 2020, 10:43:27 AM
Looking at the Cloud9, but wondering. After upgrading, do you miss the handle under the stock seat? I like having the handle for moving the bike around, but am finding the seat uncomfortable.
I miss the handle. It came in handy for moving the bike around, and we have a 9 year old who now has to grab the sides of the seat when she's riding on the rack seat. I have a set of rear handlebars, but they are an extra hassle to install.

SemperVee

My SO loves her FIDO seat from Amazon.

JimInPT

Quote from: specelec on December 09, 2020, 10:43:27 AM

I settled on a Cloud 9 after trying 4 others (including a different Cloud 9) and don't miss the handle at all on my Mini Step-Through, but I've installed the rack and small basket, so I can just grab the forward edge of the basket if I need a lifting point there.  Really love the Cloud 9 model I settled on, which is combined with a Redshift Shockstop suspension post - that combo eliminated the previous buttaches.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

NaturallyRC

Good stuff. A big-ass saddle with thick wads of foam seems intuitive, but is rarely more comfortable in the long run. Rad chose well with the stock saddle on my Mini, imo. As with all the good seats, you just need to allow time to break it in.

Quote from: John07 on March 04, 2022, 07:17:01 AM
Some of the reasons why your bike seat is uncomfortable include the wrong bike size, the wrong handlebar position, and even the wrong outfit. For a comfortable ride, you should choose a suitable saddle. Make sure the saddle is the right size for your butt. Choose a product where your body weight is borne by your sitting bones, not the soft tissues around them.

Mooree

There are many ways to make your exercise bike seat more comfortable. Because constant movement increases friction, you need to find shorts that fit well to protect you from a long workout. Although there is no exact position that everyone must follow, you must know some cycling positions that are suitable for your body when working out on an exercise bike.