News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrunner + Replacement Seat.

Started by gtrz07, May 23, 2021, 02:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

gtrz07

Hi ya'll just looking for recommendations on replacement seat for the radrunner plus. I'm coming up at 250 mile on my RR+, I was hoping the stock seat would conform and become more comfortable but nope. Actually, I think my lower back started hurting. What seat are you guys using and if you can post a pic of your setup. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

se-riously

Any aftermarket seat will be far more comfortable than the stock seat, with a Cloud 9 being a favorite of many.  You'll have to replace the seat post at the same time (27.2 mm), and some take the effort to choose either a suspension post such as the Suntour SP12 NCX.

gtrz07

Quote from: se-riously on May 26, 2021, 12:00:41 AM
Any aftermarket seat will be far more comfortable than the stock seat, with a Cloud 9 being a favorite of many.  You'll have to replace the seat post at the same time (27.2 mm), and some take the effort to choose either a suspension post such as the Suntour SP12 NCX.
Great! Thanks for the feedback. I'll try a combination of your recommendations. My back was killing the other day after a long ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray.Marx.67@gmail.com

Quote from: se-riously on May 26, 2021, 12:00:41 AM

Although I went with the Cane Creek Thudbuster ST, instead of the Suntour seatpost, they raise the seat about the same, if you have a shorter inseam like me, 30", the seat you put on top of that is going to make a difference in your ability to maintain proper stance when coming to a stop and standing. I have both a Schwinn comfort seat and the Rad Comfort seat as well and it's just a matter of taste on which suspension comfort seat you want and can easily obtain.

Radding Along

I suspect you are already aware of this, but just in case you aren't, aftermarket seats have a different shape than the Runner Plus stock seat. Depending on the new seat you buy, more than likely it won't lower down to the same level as the Passenger Package seat. In other words, it will have to ride higher than the back seat.