News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Double your battery life

Started by DickB, May 12, 2021, 04:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

peanutbutterpope

Quote from: jshape46 on December 01, 2021, 10:18:21 AM
Can I be added to the list?

Added!

Quote from: Bobr on December 01, 2021, 08:36:50 PM
I'll take 2 kits instead of 1 if you have an extra. Thanks

Adjusted!
Stay RAD!

peanutbutterpope

Quote from: peanutbutterpope on December 01, 2021, 09:51:36 PM
Quote from: jshape46 on December 01, 2021, 10:18:21 AM
Can I be added to the list?

Added!

Quote from: Bobr on December 01, 2021, 08:36:50 PM
I'll take 2 kits instead of 1 if you have an extra. Thanks

Adjusted!

Alright, and with that..this group buy is full BUT stay tuned if you missed this round, I will be taking what I earn from these units and will be making at least 1 more batch so please post up below and I will get another group buy list going.

Thanks again and I will continue to update weekly (or more).

Cheers!
Stay RAD!

JimInPT

No hurry as far as I'm concerned, Peanutbutter, so take your time and enjoy the process.  Thanks again for all your efforts!
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Slowrider

I just came across this thread.  It looks like I'm a bit late to the party but if you decide to make more I would be interested in buying one.  I thought about getting a timer but this would be easier.

peanutbutterpope

Quote from: Slowrider on December 02, 2021, 07:44:53 PM
I just came across this thread.  It looks like I'm a bit late to the party but if you decide to make more I would be interested in buying one.  I thought about getting a timer but this would be easier.

I will notify you when I work on the next batch..I am hoping to make these on a regular basis.
Stay RAD!

peanutbutterpope

Parts haul update..
I received my Digikey and NTE orders just the other day and am waiting on the jacks and LCD screens to arrive. I already have 1 LCD screen and some jacks from when I ordered parts to build my own unit so I will be using those to get a jump start on the 3d modeling for the enclosure in the next couple days.

More updates soon

Cheers!
Stay RAD!

PatcoRad

I also would be interested in your solution. Let me know when you make more.

Thanks

peanutbutterpope

Quote from: PatcoRad on December 16, 2021, 07:01:37 PM
I also would be interested in your solution. Let me know when you make more.

Thanks

I got you mate!
Stay RAD!

peanutbutterpope

I will be working on the enclosure 3d model design later today and will post some screenshots from that here later as well. I was reviewing the build and parts list yesterday when I realized I forgot to order something. Nothing big  but a small setback either way. The metal bars used to connect the pairs of diodes is what I forgot to order. After doing some thinking I decided I can accomplish the connection between the diodes using a copper strap(made from copper sheet/plate), which I will be ordering in the next few days. I might also need to order some nuts to secure the diodes in the enclosure but I will check my supplies first.

*edit-Also, I forgot to mention that after checking the parts list etc, I realized I only ordered half the jacks required to  complete all 10 units so I must order 10x more of those in the coming days.

More here soon!
Stay RAD!

JimInPT

Quote from: peanutbutterpope on December 19, 2021, 07:22:09 AM
I will be working on the enclosure 3d model design later today and will post some screenshots from that here later as well.

Thanks for the update, PB, but I hope you'll take time to enjoy the Christmas/New Year's holidays and relax a bit.  I think I speak for most in saying your efforts, as always,  are appreciated and it's not a rush for me.  If you change your mind about accepting prepayments to help carry the costs, please be sure to let me know.

Cheers,
Jim

peanutbutterpope

Quote from: JimInPT on December 19, 2021, 08:36:57 AM
Thanks for the update, PB, but I hope you'll take time to enjoy the Christmas/New Year's holidays and relax a bit.  I think I speak for most in saying your efforts, as always,  are appreciated and it's not a rush for me.  If you change your mind about accepting prepayments to help carry the costs, please be sure to let me know.

Cheers,
Jim

Thanks for the kind words Jim. I most definitely did something nice for myself this holiday..been acquiring parts for my new PC build which I am just about ready to mod/assemble and I have been spending some time with my mates playing some games etc.

I was able to order the rest of the jacks needed to complete this first batch of battery charge extender units as well as the copper bar I will use for the grounding straps. Now its time to get busy on the 3d model again and am hoping to get a test print going a bit later.

More updates soon..thanks again all and have a most wonderful holiday season!
Stay RAD!

Bobr

JimInPT

Quote from: peanutbutterpope on December 21, 2021, 06:07:22 AMI most definitely did something nice for myself this holiday..been acquiring parts for my new PC build which I am just about ready to mod/assemble and I have been spending some time with my mates playing some games etc.

That's cool.  I'm sorta geeky that way too, as an old engineer with engineer OCD.  Used to build CP/M boxes in the '80s and a few early PC clones in the late-80s and '90s but then got hand-me-down Dells every couple of years from my Dad for about 20 years since he liked to buy near the top of the line every couple of years.  Sweet deal for me!

Two years ago, I built my first PC in about 25 years and had to learn all the specs and jargon all over again.  i7-8700K-based with 64Gb DDR4 3600, built to drive a big 4k display for stock trading, not gaming.  Since then the OCD said I had to poke and prod and hot-rod stuff, so I upgraded the power supply, case fans, CPU cooler (Noctua D15 rocks!), CPU to i9-9900K so I could keep the mobo and after waiting 13 months, trying and getting mad I finally found a brand-new 3080 for "only" a little over $1,400 in October.  Just in time; they're about $700 more now.  Just got tired of waiting; getting older and had VR and pretty-decent flight-sim gear gathering dust since they caused my original 1660 (great for 2-D charts, not so much for 3-D games) to barf.  The 3080 was definitely a "hold my beer and watch this" upgrade. 

Now I'm OCD'ing the Rad MiniST2 with accessories, tweaks and a new 35A Bolton upgrade waiting for the garage to stop freezing so much.  Your charger mod should really pay off with extended battery life.

Anyway, have fun with your new rig, too!  Winter's the time for indoor recreation.

KidRiver

Hi PBP, I just joined today!  I also would like to be on your list for your next batch.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Airborne_Chemdog

Just joined today as would love to get on the list for the next batch as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk