News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Double your battery life

Started by DickB, May 12, 2021, 04:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

peanutbutterpope

Quote from: notmarkmiranda on November 20, 2021, 12:50:24 PM
I would like to be included on the list for a battery extender please.

Got you on the list!
Stay RAD!

peanutbutterpope

Heya all, just wanted to post a quick update.

I have been getting my shopping carts ready to place my orders and wanted to offer a price breakdown as I will not be charging for my time on these (but will gladly accept tips on top of parts/shipping costs). I do plan on making content for my Youtube when I am designing (the 3d printed cases) and assembling these units. I will be offering a range of colors for these to be printed but I think I will keep the standard color orange to match the RPB logo/theme.

Anyways, here is my group buy cost breakdown..

RPB-BattEx1 Parts Cost

LCD Display-               $12.99
Power jack socket-       $1.60
Heat-sink for diode-       $4.96
Cable assembly-       $2.94
R-100PRV 6A-               $5.48
R-100PRV 6A anode-            $5.48
3DP case-                 $5.00
Shipping-                       $12.00

GB Special Price           $50.45

So far there are 6 people signed up for this group buy and I will be ordering enough parts to make 10 units in all this batch and future units I will make available through either an Etsy store or a direct purchase using Paypal invoicing. There is STILL a tad bit of time left to get in on this batch if you are not signed up already...I will double check here prior to placing my orders tomorrow morning.

Cheers!
Stay RAD!

RayStDenis

Can you show a list of initials of those on your list? Want to make sure I'm on it.
PS Price is very reasonable.

Cheers,
Ray St.Denis

JimInPT

Quote from: RayStDenis on November 21, 2021, 10:43:19 PM
Can you show a list of initials of those on your list? Want to make sure I'm on it.

Good idea; just confirming I'm still intending to buy.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

peanutbutterpope

Quote from: RayStDenis on November 21, 2021, 10:43:19 PM

Cheers,
Ray St.Denis

Doh! My bad guys...I coulda swore I posted this message the other day but that might have been when my browser crashed.

Anyways, here is the list of people in the group buy..

JimInPT
geekxx
Papa Fixit
RayStDenis
Bobr
notmarkmiranda

Quote from: JimInPT on November 06, 2021, 10:45:17 AM
Good to hear; please add me to your list - thanks!

Quote from: geekxx on November 06, 2021, 08:47:51 AM
Is it still possible to get in on the next batch? If so I'm in.

Quote from: Papa Fixit on November 05, 2021, 06:22:47 PM
I would like to purchase one.

Quote from: RayStDenis on October 31, 2021, 11:09:59 PM
I'm in. Ray St.Denis   styan.ray@gmail.com

Quote from: Bobr on November 07, 2021, 01:13:40 PM
Add me too please. Thanks.

Quote from: notmarkmiranda on November 20, 2021, 12:50:24 PM
I would like to be included on the list for a battery extender please.
Stay RAD!

peanutbutterpope

If I missed anybody, lemme know and I will get you added. I've got enough for 10 full kits w/ displays mostly ordered and will be placing the order for the rest of the parts when I get paid in a few days.

Thanks again and I will post back here after I order the rest of the parts.
Stay RAD!

Omidia Ramin

Is it too late to get on this?

I v have two batteries and keeping them both at the right charge state it's hard.

Thanks!

peanutbutterpope

Quote from: Omidia Ramin on November 29, 2021, 01:07:35 PM
Is it too late to get on this?

I v have two batteries and keeping them both at the right charge state it's hard.

Thanks!

I will have 3 extra units on this batch! I got you marked down for one unless you want two?
Stay RAD!

Omidia Ramin

One is awesome!! Thank you!

I live in Canada and shipping will be more. I'm happy to pay the more.

What's the next step?

RayStDenis

Why not send everyone a Paypal invoice? That way you would have your working capital early.

JimInPT

Quote from: RayStDenis on November 29, 2021, 06:40:39 PM
Why not send everyone a Paypal invoice? That way you would have your working capital early.

I agree and was thinking the same thing - even if it's an estimated amount for now, I'm happy to cough up.  Let us help lighten the load, PBP!  Use your money for Christmas presents, as it should be.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

jshape46

Bobr

I'll take 2 kits instead of 1 if you have an extra. Thanks

peanutbutterpope

Quote from: JimInPT on November 29, 2021, 09:13:55 PM

I agree and was thinking the same thing - even if it's an estimated amount for now, I'm happy to cough up.  Let us help lighten the load, PBP!  Use your money for Christmas presents, as it should be.

First off, thanks for the consideration..you chaps are good peeps. Secondly, I don't have much of a life and no holiday obligations  8)
Most importantly, it can keep more motivated if I don't collect any money until the battery extender units are ready to ship and won't feel stressed or rushed if I get a couple days behind as I am a disabled veteran and some days the struggle is tougher than the rest.

Just wanted to include an update..I am placing my DigiKey order shortly and will be placing my Amazon order tomorrow. My order from NTE has shipped and will be delivered soon and I will update shortly after that arrives.
Stay RAD!

peanutbutterpope

Quote from: Omidia Ramin on November 29, 2021, 04:05:31 PM
One is awesome!! Thank you!

I live in Canada and shipping will be more. I'm happy to pay the more.

What's the next step?

I missed this message but Canada should not be any problem..maybe a little bit more on shipping.
Stay tuned here for updates etc and I will be invoicing the group buy members once I have the units assembled/tested and ready to ship.
Thanks again mate!
Stay RAD!