News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Battery charging question

Started by vtealv, September 09, 2020, 05:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

vtealv

Hello,

Do I have to wait until the battery is fully discharged to charge again or is it ok to charge the battery every time I'm done using the bike even though I may have only used 20%-30% of the battery each time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mic

I do. I estimate that I have re/charged it approx 200 times

Dan B

I had the understanding that it is recommended the battery not be fully discharged before charging. I believe it has been stated that discharge to about 1 bar then charging will make the battery last longer than a full discharge.

TDR

The owners manual says its safe to recharge after every ride regardless of the amount of charge used. I charge mine every day I I ride.

Ryan

As TDR mentioned the owners manual has really helpful information related to charging, especially for when you first receive the bike. We personally charge every 1-2 rides depending on distance. I try to charge it to 80% or so instead of letting it fully charge unless I really need the long range. It's more of a guess though since you don't know the battery %.