News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

So much for puncture resistant inner tubes

Started by AzBklyn, August 23, 2020, 09:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

AzBklyn

I have only been on my Radrover a dozen times and just noticed I have a flat on the rear.Luckily it went flat at home not on the road.I am going to see if I can get the tube out to patch it without removing the whole tire.If not does anyone know if I have to go to Rad to get a new tube.Or a better option for a new tube.Not a happy camper right now.

Ryan

You do not need to buy Rad's tubes. I have a couple options on my accessories list here (check towards the bottom): https://www.radowners.com/index.php/topic,104.0.html

Gordon71

Any 26X4 tube will work. I bought one on Amazon.  I think you will find it easier to fix if you remove the wheel. It's not hard and there is a video at Rad to walk you through removing and re-installing the rear wheel. I picked up a 1" brad in my rear wheel around 750 miles.  When I did the repair I added Mr. Tuffy tire liners and added slime (8oz per wheel). 

Gordon71

I should have added that you can't replace a tube without removing the wheel. You can patch one but to replace you would need to buy an open ended tube and I don't believe they make one of those in 26X4.

RadJohn

The world is full of junk bicycle inner tubes. Look at some of the reviews on Amazon about valve stem separation and other problems. It's best to stick with name brand tubes, such as the Kenda ones sold by Rad.

Years ago you used to be able to buy "thorn proof" inner tubes that were 3 or 4 millimeters thick but they are very hard too find now and I've never seen them in fat sizes. The fat tubes were stuck with using these days are only about 0.9 to 1.0 millimeters thick (and those are the good ones), which explains why liners and sealant are so popular.

AzBklyn

Thanks for the info on the tubes.I actually threw slime in tube and have done roughly 20 miles on it without a problem.