News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RAD City Standard. First E bike.

Started by Gene Pozniakoff, June 20, 2020, 07:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Gene Pozniakoff

In May 2020 we ordered two Rad City bikes, one ST white and my Rad City Std in grey. Yesterday mine arrived. The wife's ST came last week. Put hers together. She test rode it, but no real rides for hers yet!
Anyway, put mine all together last night. Test ride had issues with gear "hunting" for proper gear. Tried screw and turn style adjustments without success. Checked cables for kinks, tightness etc.
This Am test ride had similar issue. Turned it over on the trail.  Tried micro screw adjustments again. No luck. Tried moving the derailleur by hand. No luck, but the "Ah Ha" moment arrived! The derailleur could not move laterally enough to engage the last two cog sets!  Well, big strong Geno and a long screwdriver fixed that problem! Bent the derailleur guard out and Viola'! Problem fixed! Wow, nice and easy shifting now! And is this thing FAST! In 7th gear, level 5 this thing cruises at a remarkable clip! So Happy!
I am amazed at the quality of this bike. Thank You Rad for designing this competent and fun city bike!

Ryan

Glad to hear you were able to get your issue resolved and are out enjoying. I guess the derailleur guard did its job then  ;D

Gene Pozniakoff

Yep, did exactly as it should! Went for 15 miles after spoke tightening! Really fast and smooth ride. Shifted nicely, but will need a tune up soon! It's hot in the Lou and cables will stretch.