News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

False promise by Radbikes

Started by SIVA, November 03, 2021, 10:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

SIVA

I did decided after a long thinking to cancel the Radcity 5 plus order as they kept postponing the shipping date. Last update they gave me was shipping "BY"mid December. Now they say  cant cancel it because the bike is been shipped to the warehouse. I asked them again for a definite deliver time and they say they still cant tell for sure. Its is really frustrating. Very disappointed with Radbike. I was told their customer service is excellent. That was my reason to go with them. May be i have made a mistake there. just want to post this so other buyers will be aware of this.

DCH3416

Right now automotive companies can't guarantee delivering cars to dealerships. Logistics issues across the board make it difficult to nail down any sort of reliable schedule.

SemperVee

They mean well and have serious growing pains.   I was refunded a bike return only to purchase the new one on the same day and I have yet to receive the refund so It is in the hands of my CC company to take care of yet their warranty attention is second to none as I have personally had to use it several times.  They are the best of breed or the less worst of the batch if you want to play and come off the porch.

SIVA

The only reason i picked Rad bikes is becos no where i have heard anyone saying bad about their bikes or the customer services. I understand the supply shortage and all the issues every company has to go through these days. Even though its frustrating to wait  for the bike to show up.....i REALLY want that bike and i guess i have to accept the reality!

JimInPT

Quote from: SIVA on November 04, 2021, 08:24:14 AM
The only reason i picked Rad bikes is becos no where i have heard anyone saying bad about their bikes or the customer services. I understand the supply shortage and all the issues every company has to go through these days. Even though its frustrating to wait  for the bike to show up.....i REALLY want that bike and i guess i have to accept the reality!

Yeah, I think you'll just need to be patient with them; supply and shipping problems are messing up pretty much all companies.  I can vouch for Rad's excellent after-purchase service (I called for some help diagnosing a squeak I couldn't find and instead of just that, the guy who answered the phone walked me through finding and fixing it right then on the phone out in the garage) and in fact received my MiniST about 4 weeks sooner than scheduled, back in March.  Luck of the draw works both ways.  And hey, I just waited 13 months to finally get a new graphics card for my computer, so I was floating in a similar but different boat for quite some time!

Cheers.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

ericwn

I find it frustrating to see that my replacement throttle takes more than two weeks to ship, as nice as the warranty emailing with them was. So much for car replacement.

I also find it questionable to sell bikes that you don't have service parts in stock for, like tyres, tubes and batteries.

Yes I know others have supply issues too but that's hardly an excuse in the long run.

Irish Mickey

I'm in an industry that relies heavily upon procurement of parts made in foreign countries. My customers level of frustration has grown considerably over the last couple of years. I can honestly tell you I have been in the same position telling customers the part will arrive in a month only to find out it'll be another two months before it shows up. These are trying times to say the least. My new rad mission arrived at my house within two weeks of ordering it and I am very pleased with the bike. I hope your wait will be well worth it.

Radding Along

I would have to agree on the supply chain issues. It's no secret that Rad's customer service is excellent. My question to those that are frustrated by long delays in shipping bikes and parts, don't you think Rad wants their bikes and parts in customer's hands? Their hands are tied, just like many other industries.

And to further frustrate customers, shipping companies are way behind at times. It's kind of hit or miss. Some shipments in the US are a normal few days, but other shipments are a week or two late. Unfortunately those issues are out of Rad's hands.

Eric7

I am not taking sides.

As an owner and considering the supply problems, if something goes wrong, you are on your own and should try to fix it yourself. The alternative is to allow the bike to sit while waiting for parts.

Throttles, brake levers, tires, tubes can be mailed ordered and takes about 48 hours to arrive. You need to do some investigating - but many parts are readily available on the major mail order sites and are cheaper too. I wait for Rad to send me the genuine original spare parts and, when it gets here, I put it away as a spare.  I think of it like running my own business, I have to be able to second source the parts when I can. 

Things like controller, wiring harness, battery, and wheels - you don't have a choice if you want to keep the bike stock.  Luckily those have not broken for me.

If I were not doing this, my bike would have been down (not working) for a long time.  Yea, it cost money, but I have the parts and I keep exercising instead of letting the expensive bike sit in the garage depreciating.  As a long time regular bike commuter and bike owner - it is a hobby or lifestyle that requires continued investment and a supply of spare parts. You need spare parts to ensure you can commute daily.  Things constantly break if you use the bike a lot. All the parts are exposed, constantly subject to vibration, and built to be sort of light weight. Any biking will require monthly money so it is good to have spare parts so your bike would not be down during a major event (holidays, biking with friends etc).

ericwn

Quote from: Eric7 on December 27, 2021, 10:33:38 AM
I am not taking sides.

As an owner and considering the supply problems, if something goes wrong, you are on your own and should try to fix it yourself. The alternative is to allow the bike to sit while waiting for parts.

Throttles, brake levers, tires, tubes can be mailed ordered and takes about 48 hours to arrive. You need to do some investigating - but many parts are readily available on the major mail order sites and are cheaper too. I wait for Rad to send me the genuine original spare parts and, when it gets here, I put it away as a spare.  I think of it like running my own business, I have to be able to second source the parts when I can. 

Things like controller, wiring harness, battery, and wheels - you don't have a choice if you want to keep the bike stock.  Luckily those have not broken for me.

If I were not doing this, my bike would have been down (not working) for a long time.  Yea, it cost money, but I have the parts and I keep exercising instead of letting the expensive bike sit in the garage depreciating.  As a long time regular bike commuter and bike owner - it is a hobby or lifestyle that requires continued investment and a supply of spare parts. You need spare parts to ensure you can commute daily.  Things constantly break if you use the bike a lot. All the parts are exposed, constantly subject to vibration, and built to be sort of light weight. Any biking will require monthly money so it is good to have spare parts so your bike would not be down during a major event (holidays, biking with friends etc).

Fair points but in the warranty period the manufacturer has responsibilities as well. If they fail to stock parts that can break but at the same time use said parts to sell new bikes then there's a problem in parts management and in priorities. Outside of the warranty period, this is a missed business opportunity for Rad to sell us original parts, simple as that.

Eric7

I totally agree with the warranty issues.  Your point is correct.  I am waiting for parts too.

I am just saying, as a separate issue, if things are not working out, we should budget some money to keep the bike running for our own enjoyment of the ebike.  Many minor parts are available through mail order with 48 hour delivery if you pay.

SIVA

finally i got my bike! long wait but i got what i wanted.