News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Car bike rack for RR6+ with 1 1/4" hitch?

Started by paulcstaley, October 25, 2021, 08:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

paulcstaley

I drive a Ford Focus Hatchback and the only receivers available are 1 1/4". Has anyone found a rack for their RR with a 1 1/4" hitch? I know about the adapters but they seem sketchy and are not recommended on a number of sites, including RPB.

Mori55

I'd like to know this too since my terrain has a 1/1/4 hitch on it.

paulcstaley

I ordered and received a KAC Overdrive Sports K1 track for my car. It is rated for 120 lbs total. I mostly ride by myself so hopefully this will work well for my RR 6+. I have not used it yet, still waiting for the hitch receiver to arrive and be installed, but it seems beefy and strong enough to do the job. I also plan to use ratchet straps to secure the bike to the upper lip of the hatchback on my car. That should help stabilize the rack appreciably.

DandJ

I bought the Hollywood (Rad approved) rack for a 1 1/4" receiver.   It works great!   Two Rad Rover 6's locked and loaded.   You can't buy the 1 1/4" option from Rad, though, you have to go to Hollywood direct or to a dealer of Hollywood racks.

Mori55

DandJ

Sport Rider for Electric Bikes.   Hollywood racks