Author Topic: RadMission Communication Error Troubleshooting  (Read 5626 times)

MyTill

• View Profile
RadMission Communication Error Troubleshooting
« on: May 08, 2021, 11:37:44 AM »
In the middle of my last RadMission ride the PAS level lights on my LED display suddenly started flashing and then within a minute or so I completely lost power.  Rad customer support pointed me to a helpful online RadMission Communication Error Troubleshooting Guide (which might suggest that the problem is not that unusual). I resolved the problem, which was in the LED display connector which had somehow gotten unscrewed and detached. The guide, however, has as a first step a disconnect/reconnect of the battery tray connector. Since that is a more difficult connector to get at, I suggest that anyone with a similar issue first check the LED display connector, which may save you some time and effort.

Dan

• View Profile
Re: RadMission Communication Error Troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 04:00:39 AM »
I also found that removing my batter from the tray, then reinserting it to make sure it was fully engaged, solved an error code 30 problem.  My tight-fitting battery cover sometimes inhibits the battery from seating properly.  Also applied a little electrical grease to the terminals. 

MyTill

• View Profile
Re: RadMission Communication Error Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 06:09:58 AM »
To help with battery insertion/removal I picked up on a suggestion in some user forum to apply candle wax on the track and the tray. It reduces friction without attracting any grit or other substance that a liquid would.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum