News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radwagon Versions

Started by Bernard, April 26, 2021, 09:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Bernard

Hi Y'all!

Rad Power Bikes has now Radwagon V4 out, the one with the tiny wheels.
But what's the evolution of the Radwagon?

I know that the 2018 model year brought the switch from a steel frame to aluminum. 2019 was pretty much unchanged. Along the way they eliminated 12 of the gears by going from 3x7=21 to 1x8.
2016 and 2017 were available in blue. As far as I know, all of those are called Version 3. So what about V1 and V2?

Mystery . . .

Nomoreparkingtickets

Also wondering about some versions and when to expect a RadWagon 5.

Ryan

With the most recent released models they decided to change their naming conventions. Before it was just a bit odd since it was a certain year.

So this is how I believe they came up with the name:
2016?/2017 - Steel frame - RadWagon 1
2018 - Aluminum frame, newer battery - RadWagon 2 (This is when we pulled the trigger)
2019 - Minor changes, don't recall exactly anymore - RadWagon 3
2020 - New frame design - RadWagon 4

My guess is the RadWagon 5 won't hit until 2021, but who knows. It seems like everything has been slightly messed up with delays and demand. We're halfway through 2021 and no new models have hit though I would they will announce some new models in 2021. I'm excited for what is next given there is a lot more serious competition and I feel like they have a bit more to prove when they release new or upgraded models.

Christophe G

Any news about a New Radwagon version?
I am about to buy one, but with all the new "plus" version of certain model, and their short model life cycle, I am a bit warry that a new model will come out just after my purchase that would fill more needs, or lower the price of the 4th version.

Ryan

Quote from: Christophe G on October 08, 2021, 06:54:46 AM
Any news about a New Radwagon version?
I am about to buy one, but with all the new "plus" version of certain model, and their short model life cycle, I am a bit warry that a new model will come out just after my purchase that would fill more needs, or lower the price of the 4th version.

Hard to say, with supply issues the updates have been a bit sporadic. I guess if it were me I'd try to snag a deal on Black Friday if they offer one. Then you can feel better about getting a good deal even if a new model comes out. Perhaps depends where you live though and how much use you'll get out of it right now. Another option is to always re-sell if something more compelling gets released.