News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Wattage lowers with battery drain - normal?

Started by jmarcelsmith, September 23, 2021, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

jmarcelsmith

Hello -

Recently purchased a rad rover 5 and noticed that bike won't reach 750 watts (according to display Anyways) once battery starts to drain.  Is this a normal occurrence?

Thanks for any help.

DickB

Yes, the controller limits current to the motor when the battery reaches about 20% capacity.

Fionn

Good to know
on my RadRhino 6 today I was out at about 4/5 Km from home when the battery showed two bars, after a hill or two it was down to 1, I turned off the light and peddled about 3 Km with 0 assist, first gear up hills kept the little bit of juice remaining for one long hill and a steep short one to home.

Thought Id have cardiac arrest within 500 m of home up a steep hill. I noticed on this hill that even though I had level 5 assist on I don't think it was giving any assist at all, I was out of the saddle and barely making headway, when I dismounted at home and checked there were no bars showing on the battery at all, so I'm not sure how much I finally peddled on 0 assist.
Legs were a bit shakey for a while after!

i had done 35K over the last two days without charging (the battery indicated half charged 5 bars) and intended something similar, but only after 34K the battery was showing 0, I would have thought it would have managed more distance that a total of 60K.

So I reckon I need to charge it to full each journey or risk getting stuck with a dead battery someplace.