News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Cut-off switch

Started by RadHawaiians, November 10, 2021, 06:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

RadHawaiians

We have a pair of new Rad City 5+ Bikes. It bothers me that the bike is always 'hot' with no ignition switch or power cut-off. Has anyone installed a hidden kill switch, and if so, where/how.

Mahalo (thanks)
Smitty & Kapalili, home @ Kailua-Kona, HI

Sirch

Early Rad models came with a throttle cut-off switch but I heard that they had so many issues with their customers thinking their bike was broken when it was switched off that they just did away with it on newer models. lol

Altema

The Rad City 5+ has a power switch on the thumb pad, and the bike will power off automatically after five minutes. If you are thinking of a hard cutoff switch to prevent the bike from being turned on accidently (kids maybe?), then disconnect the cable to the display, or remove the battery. If you want a hidden "kill switch", then it's best to make it so the switch prevents the bike from powering up from the display, instead of interrupting the main battery power. Either one will require modifying the bikes wiring, so I'm not sure if you want to go that route. The battery also has a "shipping mode" that is activated by holding down the button on the battery, but I can't find the documentation on that.

I liked it when you could just turn it off and hide the keys!