News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Need knobby tires for new Rad Mini for woods trails - any suggestions?

Started by Hessel, August 05, 2021, 07:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Hessel

I just received my new Rad Mini 4 this week. I intend to use it mostly for maintaining my horse trails in the woods, and the local roads are gravel. It came with very smooth road tread tires, CST Big Boat tires that don't provide any traction on dirt trails. On Rad's website it looks like the most aggressive tires are Kenda Krusade 20" x 4", and they are out of stock. does anyone know of other tires available that are as, or more, aggressive that are available elsewhere?

sc00ter

I was actually gonna swap over to Vee Rubber Speester tires but I want the white walls. I just put a new rear OEM Kenda on my RadRunner so I'm gonna let it wear out first. Vee Rubber makes 20" knobby tires.

bigpapaporsche

We just ordered 2 Mini ST that will have the smooth Tire Tread. Hopefully they will do the job. We are 80% on hard surface, but will be on mostly Hard Sandy Beaches.

JimInPT

Quote from: bigpapaporsche on August 10, 2021, 11:40:48 AM
We just ordered 2 Mini ST that will have the smooth Tire Tread. Hopefully they will do the job. We are 80% on hard surface, but will be on mostly Hard Sandy Beaches.

I think you'll be very happy with the CST Big Boat tires for your preferred rides.  I had my doubts (hard-packed woods/gravel trails and pavement for me) but I love them.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Altema

Just in case you decide you need knobbies after trying the CST (City Street Trail?) tires, Rad sells the Kenda Kraze, but it's often out of stock.
Another option is the Mongoose Fat Tire 20 x 4 knobbies on Amazon at https://amzn.to/3BbRjIp