News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Day One - Rad Rover 6 Plus Step-thru's

Started by jimk1963, August 21, 2021, 05:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

pqmarty

Rover 6+ definitely has more uphill torque than the the Rover 1 from last year. We have both. The 6+ seems to need about 1 less power assist level on hills. I ride PQ Canyon every other day. I'm 70 and made it up "Sidehill" which lists as 16% grade.  A Suntour suspension seat really helps also. Breaks are also a big improvement, much better on steep cobbles/ruts going down long hills.   

Ryan

I'll be sharing some videos soon of the RadRover 6 Plus going up the hill that I take all of our ebike reviews on. Anything else you all want to know in my short first impressions video?

Rickyboy

Quote from: Ryan on September 11, 2021, 11:44:46 AM
I'll be sharing some videos soon of the RadRover 6 Plus going up the hill that I take all of our ebike reviews on. Anything else you all want to know in my short first impressions video?

Hi Ryan.... I found your report that you were able to make a purchase of 2 R.R.6 + there in San Diego. I just called the retail store in Vancouver Canada and was told that the Rad Rover 6 isn't available anywhere "in the world" for retail sales. Somehow I'd expect the USA to receive their RR6 first or efore Canada. Thats the "usual" . And Im not saying you didn't get the bikes...Im sure you did !!  But why are Rad E bikes in different cities getting and delivering different information ??  ...If Rad E Bikes is monitoring this forum at all as I expect they might,..... why the different info? Why the different standards ?  Can I expect the USA online customer orders to be filled first before the Canadian market?  How long are we going to have to wait???? 

Ryan

Quote from: Rickyboy on September 11, 2021, 11:59:07 AM
Quote from: Ryan on September 11, 2021, 11:44:46 AM

Hi Ryan.... I found your report that you were able to make a purchase of 2 R.R.6 + there in San Diego. I just called the retail store in Vancouver Canada and was told that the Rad Rover 6 isn't available anywhere "in the world" for retail sales. Somehow I'd expect the USA to receive their RR6 first or efore Canada. Thats the "usual" . And Im not saying you didn't get the bikes...Im sure you did !!  But why are Rad E bikes in different cities getting and delivering different information ??  ...If Rad E Bikes is monitoring this forum at all as I expect they might,..... why the different info? Why the different standards ?  Can I expect the USA online customer orders to be filled first before the Canadian market?  How long are we going to have to wait????

It wasn't me who received it from the showroom. Best estimate is going to be from Rad but it sounds like they might be getting conflicting information. I'd go off the shipping estimate online - it might be a bit until we see them at the retail stores for purchase.

jimk1963

Quote from: Mori55 on August 31, 2021, 05:43:16 AM
I'm glad your happy with it , I was worried at first since I have one on order.
   It would be nice if there is a hidden menu to up the speed a little.
   How was your battery life ?

Battery life seems excellent.