Author Topic: Rear basket options for RadRunner  (Read 2864 times)

ebikenewbie

• View Profile
Rear basket options for RadRunner
« on: August 03, 2021, 11:10:14 AM »
Hi all,

I recently order a RadRunner and while I have no received the bike yet, I'm trying to get the desired accessories in order. I definitely need some sort of cargo accessory and was eyeing either the large basket or small basket from Rad Power bikes. Aesthetically speaking the small basket looks quite small when installed on the rear portion of the RadRunner and according to the website the large basket can not be installed lengthwise on the rear portion.

Have you found either the small or large basket worked for you?

Are there any non-Rad power bike cargo accessories you have found that work well?

Jman

• View Profile
Re: Rear basket options for RadRunner
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 01:32:06 PM »
I’ve tried both.  I prefer a milk crate that is cheaper and quick to attach/remove.

wapple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 02:51:19 PM »
this crate from container store has been great for me. it has a solid bottom so easy to drill and attach to the bike's platform with some screws and washer.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/grey-modular-stackable-crates/d?q=crate&productId=11004082

sc00ter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 08:23:44 PM »
I have a SHAD SH34 motorcycle trunk on my RadRunner and my wifes sister has a Cascade Topeak plate and a Topeak Trolleytote folding rear basket on a RadMini. Both easy to install/remove and meet our needs.

ebikenewbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 01:55:22 PM »
this crate from container store has been great for me. it has a solid bottom so easy to drill and attach to the bike's platform with some screws and washer.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/grey-modular-stackable-crates/d?q=crate&productId=11004082

Did you use the small or large crate? Thanks in advance!

d0n

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 01:48:18 PM »
I don't want to lose my rear passenger seat so I opted for these panniers. I'm going to remove the seat pad, place this under it and reinstall seat pad on top. I'm hoping this will work great.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 01:48:18 PM »