News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

How common is a controller failure?

Started by Spants, July 30, 2021, 07:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Spants

Hi all,
I bought a rad wagon in April and have really been enjoying it. Since we were waiting on the Thule seats we really haven't ridden it much, mostly short rides so it has maybe 6 miles on it. However it has suddenly stopped working. Customer service has been responsive. I did the battery check, connector check and replaced both fuses to no avail. They are sending me a new controller, when it is in stock. I have to say I am greatly disappointed that such a major component would fail with so little use. Given that and it is out of stock and I'll have lost 4 weeks from a short riding season (relatively, to some, Chicago climate) I'm considering returning the bike. I just wanted to throw this out there to see if this is unusual or if Rad Bikes or ebikes in general have a problem. I ride a manual bike about 100 miles per week but I am new to ebikes.
Steve

deadbird8

Quote from: Spants on July 30, 2021, 07:32:22 PM
Hi all,
I bought a rad wagon in April and have really been enjoying it. Since we were waiting on the Thule seats we really haven't ridden it much, mostly short rides so it has maybe 6 miles on it. However it has suddenly stopped working. Customer service has been responsive. I did the battery check, connector check and replaced both fuses to no avail. They are sending me a new controller, when it is in stock. I have to say I am greatly disappointed that such a major component would fail with so little use. Given that and it is out of stock and I'll have lost 4 weeks from a short riding season (relatively, to some, Chicago climate) I'm considering returning the bike. I just wanted to throw this out there to see if this is unusual or if Rad Bikes or ebikes in general have a problem. I ride a manual bike about 100 miles per week but I am new to ebikes.
Steve

Was support responsive?   My Rad City lost power abruptly while riding right at two weeks old..  Supporrt mentioned
replacing harness and controller but I don't have confirmation anything shipped yet
I'm surprised there are no replies on this thread. .

SemperVee

Not.  Anything electrical can go wrong no matter the company and they are all from China it seems. 
Ordered electrical info box on handlebar when it went out -  part under warranty on 4 Sep - NOW 13 Sep and no part in hand yet!   Tracking number but not delivered to USPS reported...   Warranties are only as good as the company behind them..

SemperVee

Not.  Anything electrical can go wrong no matter the company and they are all from China it seems. 
Ordered electrical info box on handlebar when it went out -  part under warranty on 4 Sep - NOW 13 Sep and no part in hand yet!   Tracking number but not delivered to USPS reported...   Warranties are only as good as the company behind them..