News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Wife Upset

Started by Patch, March 26, 2021, 05:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Patch

Hi all,

Well, as this title says, the wife is upset.  Bought the rad power bike step thorough last May (2020, the army green color one) and after her latest ride today (3.26.21) it won't power on.  It was working fine during her ride but now no power at all showing on the original control panel.  Nothing was done to the connections and as I stated, it was working on her ride and when she rode it into the garage it all of a sudden won't turn on. 
Any suggestions would be most appreciated. 
Thank you all.

sc00ter

Like fin_rad said, go thru the list. This happened to me. I got a Rad Mini ST and was riding it around and I stopped to raise the bars. All good and then, power out. A connection in the front loom came disconnected, but looking at the loom you would never tell. Took a bit of unplugging and re-connecting till I found the problem. Made sure there was enough slack in the cables to raise the bars with no further issues. Also, on my Runner I rode past a overhanging bush and it unplugged a connection "just enough" to cause power loss. Once you learn the basics trouble shooting becomes much easier.

Patch

Still not working.  We unplugged and plugged everything we could find and no luck.  We took the fuses out of the batter and they look good.  The battery has power as tested by the battery indicator on the back of the battery.  Any other options?
thx

surfer8210

Contact Rad and they'll send you a new controller or use another if you have one and see if that's the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patch

Solved!!!  We called the support number and they sent a number of parts that might have caused the problem.  Tried the easiest one first by replacing the controller unit (where the power button is and such) and BAM, we have power and the bike is now running normally. 
Thanks for all of your assistance with the matter all.  It is much appreciated. 
By the way, the tech support was great and the new part was here in less than a week from the west coast to east coast. 
Bike was fortunately still under warranty as it was purchased about 10 months ago so the parts were still at no cost. 

Happy riding!!

fin_rad

Would be interesting to know if it was one of the switches in the switch module that failed?

When I got issues with PAS and turning my bike on / off I opened mine, and only the switches can be damaged by water/humidity. Everything else is inside glue and made waterproof.