Author Topic: Originate SuperCell Street Tire & Tannus Tire Armour install.  (Read 2112 times)

FloridaBoy

• View Profile
Originate SuperCell Street Tire & Tannus Tire Armour install.
« on: February 13, 2021, 12:41:17 PM »
Finally got around to installing both.
Building a 2 & 4 work stand to rest the handle bar on and protect the lcd when inverted is totally worth the effort.
Front tire is easy-peasy once you deflate the old tube.
There are excellent videos out there on the tire install, and Tannus Armour install.
I see no need to duplicate their efforts.
No need to trim the Tannus Armour on the Rad Rover 5.
Just roll everything into place with your fingers, maintaining the proper relationship of rim, tire, armour, tube
(Note: Tannus supplies new smaller diameter tubes)
and then reverse.
I placed the bike wheel on top of an inverted car rim to protect the rotor and / or gears.
Inflate the new tire slowly to ensure everything seats into place.
Rear tire is almost as easy the front.
Use care on re-installation that the "Keyed" side of the washer is on road side or the axle.
Otherwise the axle doesn't seat deep enough in the frame..

Next tire change will be a whiz . .. .

No self steer problem, and they are very smooth on the road.

RobtRoma

• View Profile
Re: Originate SuperCell Street Tire & Tannus Tire Armour install.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 07:24:32 AM »
Thanks for the post on this.  I am looking for a street tire for my Rover and these caught my eye.  I do have a few questions I’d like to ask...

Are you still happy with the Origin8 tires a couple months later?  What pressure are you inflating them to?  Is peddling any easier (less rolling resistance)?

Any additional insight that you would like to add would be appreciated...

Joel52334

• Using my RPW4 for my cardiac rehab.
    • View Profile
    • Oh the things I know & do! --(under construction)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 06:01:37 PM »
I received my Tannus set in the mail today.  It does come with 2 liners and 2 tubes.  I have an RW4 they look to be the correct size.  I did order a spare tire and tube already.  I'm just amazed by the rate of reported flat tire occurrences!  But I thought I'd give them a try (sometime).  There are very few "off-road" places I'd likely take my bike on.  We just don't have scrap metal/nails/screws strewn on our roads.  Iowan's are very conscious of such things on our County & State roads.  A punctured $1000 tractor tire, just isn't nice. It is always "tractor season" in Iowa. :) Still, a shingle nail, or a drywall screw will take these liners out anyway, I'd imagine. 

I have my own idea of a light 12-16gage galvanized steel ring, that can be made with a simple set of "tinsmith" tools.  This would work on direct tread punctures, not so much for sidewalls. And not require other than a standard tube. It's just in my head, but any knowledgeable person with familiarity with "blecht" might understand. 
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

FloridaBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 05:21:37 AM »
Pedaling is very easy with the Supercell tires on. I have a "loose" gravel driveway on an incline. These tires make the bike feel very stable coming and going. I inflate the tires to 20 lbs. My biggest problem is broken glass at a very busy intersection near my house. Lots of wrecks as people rush to work at the Space Center.

RobtRoma

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 07:41:00 PM »
Thanks for the update. Appreciate it.  :)

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum