Author Topic: 3rd Party Accessories  (Read 15712 times)

Bootboot

• View Profile
3rd Party Accessories
« on: February 02, 2021, 09:49:02 AM »
Hey all! I (finally) got my radwagon 4! I've taken it out for a few rides and I love it already! I did order it as a commuter for my son and I but I haven't received any of the accessories I need for him to ride safely (the caboose, running boards or deckpad) and Rad can't give me a date of when to expect them.

I'm wondering if there's any 3rd party companies that make reliable options for a caboose, running boards or deckpad?

Thanks so much!

Rondre

• View Profile
Re: 3rd Party Accessories
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 08:04:45 PM »
I have a Radwagon being shipped to my house in a few days.  I ordered some accessories from Rad Power but experienced a lot of out-of-stock notices on the site, similar to what others have discussed.

What third party accessories have you found most essential for hauling kiddos? In particular I want something for my 3-y.o. son to hang onto.  I have an Extracycle Hooptie that I want to try to fit, but of course I'm concerned with compatibility.

Also, I saw some comments about getting something for a kids feet to rest on.  Can anyone comment on what works for their smaller kids?

haystacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 09:47:37 AM »
https://yubabikes.com/cargobikestore/yuba-monkey-bars/

Anyone tried the Yuba Monkey bars?

Thanks

nljeffords

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 06:29:36 PM »
https://yubabikes.com/cargobikestore/yuba-monkey-bars/

Anyone tried the Yuba Monkey bars?

Thanks

I found this third-party company, https://www.superknuckle.com/product/Monkey-Bar-Kit-for-the-Rad-Wagon-4/30, while digging around. I think they have what you are looking for. Hope it helps!

tritonhurd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 08:07:41 PM »
Good find... I may have to go that route...

I have owned my RW4 for over a month now and starting to really get impatient with out of stock caboose. I want to support Rad Power Bikes, but I also want my kids to be safe. If only they could give us some indication of how long it would take for them to be in stock.

JJEL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 08:44:01 AM »
I've cobbled together accommodations for my 4- and 6-year-olds while I wait for the caboose and running boards to be available. We had a Yepp seat, so the 4-yo rides in that. It's a little on the small side, but workable for now. The other items are:

I heated up the handlebar with a torch to adjust the angle, since it interfered with the seat as delivered.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 01:10:54 PM by Ryan »

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 01:12:35 PM »
Here is what my brother ended up doing for seat pads for the kids. The rear child hangs onto the vertical bars of the seat in front of him and the front one hangs on to a modified piece of some packaging that came with the RadWagon 4: https://ebikeescape.com/radwagon-4-accessories/

Joel52334

• Using my RPW4 for my cardiac rehab.
    • View Profile
    • Oh the things I know & do! --(under construction)
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 09:27:32 PM »
I've only found 3 compatible parts for my RW4 on Amazon.  The 2 bottle holder, also works with the front basket, you'll need longer bolts. Bottle Cages & Water Bottles. Else RP's pricing on ABUS locks are comparable with Amazon.  The HUGE heavy ABUS chain had to ship from GB.
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

Joecbkb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 11:23:07 AM »
Some great info in this thread, thanks!

I have a legacy caboose on my RW2018, but kids have outgrown. I’d like to put two of the old style deckhands on the rear deck, but those are no longer carried. So looking for alternatives. Seems like a seatpost mounted handle will work for the front kid and there is the Amazon version, plus Yuba makes a nice looking one.

But, for the 2nd kid… I wonder if anyone has tried installing the Yuba Ring onto a RW deck?

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 11:23:07 AM »