News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Passenger backrest ideas?

Started by Hbomb, January 27, 2021, 09:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Hbomb

Hi everyone, I have a RRplus arriving soon and I'm looking for ideas to install a backrest to the passenger seat. I would like to keep the Rad seat, but having a hard time finding a suitable backrest (so my 9 year old doesn't fall off the back).  Has anyone found one that fits the Radrunner?

sc00ter

Other ebike manufacturers make backrest that should be able to be adapted to your use without to much modding. Or a tandem handlebar set-up that clamps to the seat post, giving the passenger actual bars to hold onto. I like the Grip-N-Ride safety belt for motorcycles. Not sure how pedaling motion would affect the handles for the passenger though.

Hbomb

I ended up using a t plate from Home Depot. I had to use heavy duty zip ties to fix it to the rack because the screws didn't line up just right, but the backrest screwed in nice to the plate. I also put additional foot pegs for the little guy. I'm happy and my kids feel more secure.

Mayoak

I would love to see the side rails for the rear passenger like they do with Radwagon. My daughter will outgrow the thule yepp childseat around age 5, and I need something safe after that. Any suggestions for kids around 5 yrs old is appreciated.

RadishOnWheels

Hello Hbomb. I like the style of that backrest you chose. Where did you buy it from?

gonemad76

Hbomb .. i like that mod. Where did you buy it?

Jman