Author Topic: Radrunner Motor upgrade  (Read 9620 times)

Flyskier

• View Profile
Radrunner Motor upgrade
« on: January 18, 2021, 04:07:55 PM »
I bought a 750w motor from electro world bikes. I got the internals into my hub case and tried to drop it into the frame and found that the axle is to long on the chain/plug side. Any suggestions on how to line up the chain and wheel?

IAC

• View Profile
Re: Radrunner Motor upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:31:52 AM »
Hey,

I am curious on this motor upgrade for my radrunner I recently purchased as well.  Can you share some pictures, or have you had any progress? 

sbrownn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 09:07:17 AM »
I bought a 750w motor from electro world bikes. I got the internals into my hub case and tried to drop it into the frame and found that the axle is to long on the chain/plug side. Any suggestions on how to line up the chain and wheel?

I think you have to spread the dropouts from 167mm to 175mm or modify the axel on the gear cluster side.

sbrownn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 09:13:15 AM »
Hey,

I am curious on this motor upgrade for my radrunner I recently purchased as well.  Can you share some pictures, or have you had any progress?

The motor in the most recent RadRunner will not upgrade to the Bafang true 750 watt motor as the case is different and it separates on the opposite side.  The only option I can see is to lace the replacement motor in.

Hbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 01:52:03 PM »
Is that the case for the radrunner plus? I am thinking of swapping motors I just want to make sure it’s compatible.

KinLL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 11:23:01 PM »
Is that the case for the radrunner plus? I am thinking of swapping motors I just want to make sure it’s compatible.

If the motor cable runs from the brake side, then no go.

chrias

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 07:19:18 AM »

If the motor cable runs from the brake side, then no go.

You can run it on the passenger side so it will work as long as it reaches the other plug. It's been done.

dgoldston003@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 07:51:40 AM »
My Rad e-bike has a bad 750watt motor, where can I get a replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssleeis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 07:38:03 PM »
My Rad e-bike has a bad 750watt motor, where can I get a replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends which rad runner you have. I?ve been doing a lot of research on it. Here?s the site I found for my radrunner plus to replace the motor.
https://eunorau-ebike.com/products/bafang-g062-fat-tire-48v750w-rear-hub-screw-freewheel-motor?variant=43492447584512

polskicowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2023, 12:14:52 PM »
I bought the Enorau https://eunorau-ebike.com/products/bafang-fat-bike-48v1000w-rear-hub-screw-freewheel-motor

-threaded it to the stock spokes and it works. I then installed Grin Tech baserunner (with motor adapter cable) which stutters a bit on takeoff. My wife's radwagon has the Area13 (boltonebikes.com) upgrade also found on Electrobikeworld site. The Area13 upgrade is simpler and hassle free and climbs hills better the way it delivers power. The Grin Tech controller is way more geeky and you can achieve higher top speed (28 to 29mph) using the Field Weakening option. I have a strange issue with bike stuttering at takeoff that their support can't really fix. I got it manageable and will add a 9continent or Grin All Axle front motor, so not too worried. Used Grin Tech since I will add front motor to one screen and one throttle with a 3-way toggle switch to choose which motors run on the fly.

*There is a youtube guy who inserted the above linked motor into the stock case on Rad Runner2. But the holes are not a perfect fit and some drilling required. I did not want to mess with that and risk water damage etc.. So I learned how to thread the spokes with some patience. Some others like radwagon can swap right into the shell/casing. But that is G60 to G60 Bafang style. G60 vs G62 slight difference. Pay attention to which side cable exits. Hence I got the 1000w vs the 750w. The watt rating is really saying the wiring is beefier etc. Not a real number since I push way more power (approx double the normal) into all 3 of my ebikes with no issues.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2023, 12:14:52 PM »