Author Topic: Pannier bags  (Read 4969 times)

Boatinbear

• View Profile
Pannier bags
« on: January 01, 2021, 12:11:26 PM »
Just wondering what others are using for pannier bags/storage baskets etc on the Radwagon.   

ErichN

• View Profile
Re: Pannier bags
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 07:15:52 AM »
Happy New Year.   I have one deck pad on front of rack for daughter, and I got this double pannier bag: https://amzn.to/3vQhEu3

It fits perfectly and let’s me commute 14 miles round trip without any issues!  Highly recommend.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:30:13 AM by Ryan »

Boatinbear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 06:52:59 AM »
Happy New Year.   I have one deck pad on front of rack for daughter, and I got this double pannier bag: https://amzn.to/3vQhEu3

It fits perfectly and let’s me commute 14 miles round trip without any issues!  Highly recommend.

Looks like you could almost fit another set of those forward of the set you have now if you wanted to?   I was kicking around that idea to get more storage when shopping (4 smaller bags like what you have here vs 2 larger bags like what Rad offers for the Radwagon.)   I think you have a Radwagon 3?   I wonder if the width of the rack is the same on the Radwagon 4?   I do like those bags that straddle over the rack but was concerned that the rack might be wider than the bags are set up for.   Thx
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 08:30:28 AM by Ryan »

molsonbike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 03:15:44 PM »
Just wondering what others are using for pannier bags/storage baskets etc on the Radwagon.

I have a Radwagon 4 and looked at the ArcenCiel but wasn't sure it would fit across the rack. Most saddle style bags are sewn at 5-6 inches across and the RW4 is about 8.

I found Bikase Urbanator Adjustable Pannier on the Trek website (it is other places too). Adjusts up to 9 inches wide, can switch from this to my other standard rack easily. I like it, however it is lightweight and can only take on 10 lbs per side. Can take on a 12 pack. Not great for medium-sized grocery trips, but wonderful for commuting and small trips.

jeff262

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 09:58:36 AM »
I have a 2019 Radwagon and use the Beck Dual 65L bags from Holland Bike Shop.   https://hollandbikeshop.com/en-gb/bicycle-bags/double-panniers/?page=1

You have to deal with a bit more shipping expense but the bags are inexpensive vs those found in the US of similar quality.   I have had them on the bike for a few thousand miles now and they are fantastic.  Very simple design and never have any water issues.  I just throw all kinds of stuff into them, often putting a backpack in one of them that is easy to throw in and take out.  To install them I did remove the rear wood board and install the webbing under that then reinstall the board.  The downside is that you can't easily remove them but then the upside is that those up to no good can't easily remove them.  I bought the lime green version and they make the bike much more visible as well.   

Joel52334

• Using my RPW4 for my cardiac rehab.
    • View Profile
    • Oh the things I know & do! --(under construction)
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 10:16:19 AM »
I have an RW4. I ordered RW's bags, they have a positive "magnetic" closing feature, along with being able to put it almost anywhere across the side hanger.  I'm very happy with mine.  See what you think?
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 10:16:19 AM »