News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Runner 1

Started by BigBenWo, August 19, 2023, 05:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

BigBenWo

Hello,
I've gotten the dreaded error code 30 connection error. the headlight and tail light also do not work.I have checked and rechecked the connections. replaced the cable harness, and replaced the controller and still fashing error code. Replaced display still error code. tested newer controller with working light an it lights. Tested with new PAS and new Throttle, still error code. Motor runs, So what can it be? The BMS? battery connections are good! with the old controller the motor did not run but still did not have lights. I know this information was kind of out of order but I'm just trying to lift everything possible that I have done. rad is overloaded with service requests. if the bike wouldn't turn off after the error code comes on, I'd just deck with it. Please Help! Thanks!

handlebar

Quote from: BigBenWo on August 19, 2023, 05:35:23 PM
Hello,
I've gotten the dreaded error code 30 connection error. the headlight and tail light also do not work.I have checked and rechecked the connections. replaced the cable harness, and replaced the controller and still fashing error code.

tested newer controller with working light an it lights.

Motor runs,

I also have a Radrunner 1, and I don't know much about the wiring. Wish I had a schematic!

When you say you replaced the cable harness, does that mean you replaced all the wiring? (I don't even know if the bike has more than one harness.)

What lights with a newer controller? The headlight and tail light? Does the brake light work?

My Radrunner has an aftermarket controller, and it doesn't care if I disconnect the lights. I wonder if maybe the Radpower controller is designed not to let you ride unless it finds continuity in the light circuits. (I'm talking through my hat!)

When you say the motor runs, do you mean it runs even with the Error 30?