Author Topic: Bad Controller  (Read 4928 times)

Mudder

• View Profile
Bad Controller
« on: January 15, 2021, 04:00:20 PM »
Intermittent power with PAS and throttle on Radrover 5 at 120 miles with intermittent Code 25.  Called Rad and their troubleshooting identified a bad controller.  Received new controller and wiring harness in 5 days.  Main hassle was the four wires crammed in the frame grommet opening.  Removed the rubber grommet (a pain) and used string on the old wire to pull new wire down.  The lower controller mount screw was a tight fit, so removed the battery tray for a straight shot on those soft metal phillips head screws.   In hindsight I should have used the $60 Rad approved for LBS labor.  Pleased to say the Rad customer service exceeded my expectations.

EnKay

• View Profile
Re: Bad Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 07:46:45 AM »
Same issue here. About 80 miles in on my new RadRover 5 had cut-outs that lasted 15-30 seconds while riding but no error codes, the display showed 000 Watts for the duration.

Rad sent a replacement controller - and I concur, excellent customer service. About 120 miles in after replacing it happened again, this time it seems a bit more often and on shorter durations. Sure enough they shipped out yet another controller and a battery tray this time. Hopefully it’ll be the end of cut-outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

Re: Bad Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 07:46:45 AM »