Author Topic: Custom Rad Power Bikes Accessories  (Read 14559 times)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Custom Rad Power Bikes Accessories
« on: December 05, 2018, 09:18:51 PM »
I have noticed a few members of the Rad community that have built custom add-ons and wanted to create a centralized place for them to share their products. I invite those who have these products to share them below.

You can view our full accessories page here: https://www.radowners.com/index.php/topic,104.0.html
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:45:22 PM by Ryan »

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Rad Power Bikes Accessories
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 07:54:13 AM »
There are a few products I am aware of produced by Rad owners. You can view our full accessories page here: https://www.radowners.com/index.php/topic,104.0.html

The first is a skid plate to protect the Rad Rover which protects the cables underneath the bike. If you take your Rad Rover off road you may want to consider this. They often sell out on eBay, but you can view an old listing here and see if any are available by the seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RAD-ROVER-RHINO-Skid-Plate-Rock-Guard-Impact-Brush-Rock-BLACK/183943511968?hash=item2ad3e33fa0:g:XIUAAOSwW1Jc9bn7

The second is a brake adjuster tool which allows you to adjust your brakes without taking off the rear brake on the Rad City. I believe it will also work on the Rad Wagon, but haven't confirmed myself.

He also sells a license plate adapter which is kind of a fun way to customize your Rad. (Scroll down the page on the link below to view the brake adjuster and license plate adapter)

https://radpaul.weebly.com/
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:43:30 PM by Ryan »

Psuggmog Volbenz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 10:40:33 PM »
I have done several mods on my Radwagon: home made front rack, rear waterbottle moint, added a rear perimeter small diameter tubing rack under the rear wooden deck for mounting panniers. Added six Drings per side to the rear running boards as mounting points for lashing loads or cargo net hold downs. I moved the headlamp up to the handlebar stem so the light still follows the front wheel and gives better illumination. Rad's front rads moves the heAdlamp to the rack where it no longer follows the front wheel movement.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:29:42 PM by Psuggmog Volbenz »

Psuggmog Volbenz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 10:44:24 PM »
A reuglar L shaped Allen wrench can easily be modified to use for adjusting the inner stationary brake pad. Simply cut or grind down the short leg of the wrench to gain the needed wrench clearance.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 03:48:32 PM »
I have done several mods on my Radwagon: home made ront rack, rear waterbottle moint, added a rear perimeter small diameter tubing rack under the rear wooden deck for mounting panniers. Added six Drings per side to the rear running boards as mounting points for lashing loads or cargo net hold downs. I moved the headlamp up to the handlebar stem so the light still follows the front wheel and gives better illumination. Rad's front rads moves the heAdlamp to the rack where it no longer follows the front wheel movement.

I think we need a video walk-around just to detail all of these mods  ;D

A reuglar L shaped Allen wrench can easily be modified to use for adjusting the inner stationary brake pad. Simply cut or grind down the short leg of the wrench to gain the needed wrench clearance.

Great tip! For me I just remove the darn thing.

Psuggmog Volbenz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 08:36:17 PM »
I have done several mods on my Radwagon: home made front rack, rear waterbottle moint, added a rear perimeter small diameter tubing rack under the rear wooden deck for mounting panniers. Added six Drings per side to the rear running boards as mounting points for lashing loads or cargo net hold downs. I moved the headlamp up to the handlebar stem so the light still follows the front wheel and gives better illumination. Rad's front rads moves the heAdlamp to the rack where it no longer follows the front wheel movement.

I think we need a video walk-around just to detail all of these mods
I am planning to do a video walk around, but there are a few more mods in the works before this will happen.

RadBiker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 06:52:50 AM »

I think we need a video walk-around just to detail all of these mods
I am planning to do a video walk around, but there are a few more mods in the works before this will happen.

I am very curious as well! Looking forward to the video.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 06:52:50 AM »