News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

New Member Pre-Ordered 2020 RadRover

Started by TexasRadRoverRascal, January 12, 2020, 08:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

TexasRadRoverRascal

Hello Everyone,

I started getting interested again (looked a few years back) in Dec about getting a Rad Bike.  The White Sold Out and the Black had 75 on Dec 18th, and by the 21st the Sold Out of ALL RadRovers.

They had a great deal to buy gift cards at 10% off, so I figured out what I would need and bought 16/$100 GC's for $1,440.  I wanted to WAIT on the 2019's in case they changed 2020 and they Did. Albeit, not that much changed, but I got Free Fenders now and I was ordering those anyway and now I don't have to jack with installing.  I ordered a Rear Rack as my only option and got $100, so $260 off total was pretty good for the new 2020. 

I got a BLACK (considered White and thought it looked sharp with tan handles/seat, but decided to go with the Mean Looking Black).  They won't ship it said until February 2020 sometime?  I think they are shipping my Rear Rack now, they put it on HOLD because I asked them to. I was THINKING of getting an Orange Rear Rack on the Black Bike, to give it some contrast, but decided black fit better. 

So, I have never ridden a RAD and don't currently have or ride a bike.  I bought a Plate off eBay that attaches and covers the bottom components to protect them and it got great reviews and is solid.

Not sure what MODS are a must, or recommended?  I am 6 feet tall and about 195 lbs. I bought this bike just to have fun riding, get some exercise, and give me the confidence to go farther so I don't get stranded 10 miles from home, tired. Ha Ha

I am excited and glad I waited for 2020.  They sold the RadCity StepThrough and a few others last week to Clear Out Stock, for $999! Great Deal for those that wanted those.

Have a Great 2020!

TEX

Ryan

Welcome to the forum! Nice deal you got using the gift cards. You already have the fenders but I'd say a mirror, lock, helmet, bag for the rear rack and a seat are the quick wins. Suspension seatposts for the ultimate luxury - from there you can get creative. You're going to love it!

RadBiker

Oh I am so excited to hear about how much you love it! I have found since buying my rad I tend to bike more places than I would have previously driven. Win win for your health and the environment!! As for accessories I would say the top ones for a beginner would be a helmet and a side mirror. Have fun!! 

Quote from: TexasRadRoverRascal on January 12, 2020, 08:34:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

I started getting interested again (looked a few years back) in Dec about getting a Rad Bike.  The White Sold Out and the Black had 75 on Dec 18th, and by the 21st the Sold Out of ALL RadRovers.

They had a great deal to buy gift cards at 10% off, so I figured out what I would need and bought 16/$100 GC's for $1,440.  I wanted to WAIT on the 2019's in case they changed 2020 and they Did. Albeit, not that much changed, but I got Free Fenders now and I was ordering those anyway and now I don't have to jack with installing.  I ordered a Rear Rack as my only option and got $100, so $260 off total was pretty good for the new 2020. 

I got a BLACK (considered White and thought it looked sharp with tan handles/seat, but decided to go with the Mean Looking Black).  They won't ship it said until February 2020 sometime?  I think they are shipping my Rear Rack now, they put it on HOLD because I asked them to. I was THINKING of getting an Orange Rear Rack on the Black Bike, to give it some contrast, but decided black fit better. 

So, I have never ridden a RAD and don't currently have or ride a bike.  I bought a Plate off eBay that attaches and covers the bottom components to protect them and it got great reviews and is solid.

Not sure what MODS are a must, or recommended?  I am 6 feet tall and about 195 lbs. I bought this bike just to have fun riding, get some exercise, and give me the confidence to go farther so I don't get stranded 10 miles from home, tired. Ha Ha

I am excited and glad I waited for 2020.  They sold the RadCity StepThrough and a few others last week to Clear Out Stock, for $999! Great Deal for those that wanted those.

Have a Great 2020!

TEX