News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

wattage on LCD panel

Started by handlebar, October 26, 2022, 08:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

handlebar

On PAS 2, the Radpower panel on my Radmission reads about 150-190 watts, like PAS 1 on the Bolton upgrade on my Radrunner.

PADS 1 on my Radmission typically has a constant reading of 33, 34, or 35 watts, however fast I go. I'm surprised that I can feel it, but I can.

Sometimes it will say PAS 1 and I can feel the help, but it reads zero no matter how long I pedal. It's more likely to happen with with the headlight on, but with the light on it may say 53 watts. With the light off, I have seen it go to 67 watts on PAS 1 after I've come down from PAS 2.

Wattage on my Bolton panel is harder to read because the digits are smaller and change faster, but they seem reasonable. The wattage readings on my Radpower panel on PAS 1 aren't reliable. Are they all like that?

Altema

The wattage on my original Rad display was always reliable. Same for the display on my 25 and 35 amp controllers. My Phaserunner display is accurate on all eleven PAS levels, but since it has dynamic pedal assist, it provides more power when starting out or going up hills.

handlebar

Quote from: Altema on October 30, 2022, 01:11:22 PM
The wattage on my original Rad display was always reliable. Same for the display on my 25 and 35 amp controllers. My Phaserunner display is accurate on all eleven PAS levels, but since it has dynamic pedal assist, it provides more power when starting out or going up hills.

Radpower says it's normal for the Radmission LCD upgrade to work like mine on PAS 1. If as I pedal I give it an instant of throttle, it will update to a credible reading when I let the throttle off.

Ddaybc

Quote from: Altema on October 30, 2022, 01:11:22 PM

Hi Altema,
Is your Phaserunner a controller and display or just the display? Did you get it from Grin Technologies in Vancouver BC? I like that the one you have has dynamic pedal assist even though we don't have torque sensors on our Rad bikes. My RW4 could use the upgrade even though overall it has adequate power.

FWIW my bike has pretty consistent PAS levels. PAS 1 - 72 watts, PAS 2 - 178, PAS 3 - 300 etc. As the battery goes down in voltage my PAS levels drop too which I presume is normal.