News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Seat clamp size?

Started by sc00ter, October 03, 2020, 04:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

sc00ter

So my RadRunner has a common 27.2mm seat post, but a normal 28.6 seat clamp does not fit. Here's my intention. I wanna put a bmx non-quick release seat clamp on my RadRunner and install a Hexlox so my comfy seat won't get kidnapped, but I found that a 28-6mm seat clamp won't fit the frame. I measured 31.2ishmm with my cheap-o digital gauge, but I just want to confirm the correct size before ordering a seat clamp. I emailed Rad support with my question also, but if anyone has a confirmed size please let me know, and if I figure it out I'll post my findings. Thanks.

Jman

sc00ter

I found a 30mm from my old Taj Fairdale 26" bmx bike and it didn't fit. Thinking of trying a 31.8mm bmx clamp but then Jman found the coolest seat clamp (32mm recommended by him) EVER! What made you find that Save Your Seat clamp anyway? I might try that instead! Thanks again.

Jman

I found it on youtube. It also doubles as a lock for the battery too if you position it so that it blocks it from being lifted out of the cradle.

sc00ter

I ordered the Save Your Seat in 32mm and will post my results. Still might also order a bmx clamp in 31.8mm just in case. At the end of the year I round up all my old bike stuff that's no longer being used and donate it to a bicycle rehab.

massassi

Those are super Rad Jman. I want one too!

sc00ter

Rad Power responded to my question and confirmed seat clamp size at 31.8mm. So I know the confirmed 32mm that Jman listed works as well.

RadInSD

I just bought this for my Rad Runner Plus.  It won't work as the key cannot be removed because it's blocked by the frame.  Am I crazy?

Jman

Rotate it a bit so the key can be inserted and removed easily.

Keithp7

I just called Rad and they said 31.8 is the clamp size.

Jack Ducan

Due to variations in size and diameter, tightening bike seat clamps do not require a definite torque. There is a maximum torque mark indicated in the seat clamp area that you can follow when calibrating one, its minimum insertion depth is 150mm to securely hold it in place.

Jack Ducan

The foremost thing that you should consider when installing a bike seat clamp is its tightness, which is crucial to ensure the rider?s safety. Moreover, to avoid mishaps related to slipping seat posts. Due to variations in size and diameter, tightening bike seat clamps do not require a definite torque. There is a maximum torque mark indicated in the seat clamp area that you can follow when calibrating one.