News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Simple thumb throttle mod

Started by LarryM, April 25, 2022, 06:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

LarryM

This might work for someone.  Materials: 1" x 1" aluminum angle 1" wide, 2 quality plastic zips.  1) drill and file two rectangular holes for the zips. 2) carefully curve one side of the aluminum to match the shape of the twist throttle. 3) Attach zips as shown, position aluminum tab where it feels right before final tightening of the zips. 4) run some CA glue between the zips and aluminum to prevent the new throttle from twisting sideways.  There is NO gluing to the original throttle.   I've enjoyed this thumb throttle mod for 400 miles now without issue!

Radio Runner

Ddaybc

Runningliner13

Great idea, I wanna do the same !!

Altema

Runningliner13

Hi Guys , this is my design ( Thanks LarryM for idea )

LarryM

Runningliner13, I like it!  What is the white material?  It formed nicely around the throttle.

Runningliner13

Dollar store,  thin flexible cutting board ( 3mm)

ipsailor

Whow!  What will people think of next.  Do I see a design / build competition?  Thanks for sharing your good ideas.

Snoking

I have one of these on the work bench in my man cave in Arizona, it was on my used Can Am Spyder when I purchased it a year and a half ago. So I ordered one for Amazon. I will let you know how it fits when I get it next week.

https://amzn.to/3yFpuL9

Today I moved the bell on my new RADROVER 6 Plus.

Snoking

I got the thumb throttle thing today cut off the extension to the left. It works really well and easier to control vs twisting with our hand. Easy on and off, you can adjust the position in a 10-20 seconds.

machina77

Piece of rubber and a cable/zip tie.

jastewart325

Snoking--

I got the thumb throttle and, not being a tool-oriented guy, and I wonder how you trimmed it.

I bought this after a recent accident (nighttime, unexpectedly steep hill, fell over) that I think could have been avoided if I had used the throttle a couple of seconds earlier. I'm new to e-bikes and have never had a motorcycle, so maybe it isn't as natural to twist the throttle backwards (if I remember rightly through the fog, I first tried it forward). I think the thumb lever may help.

Snoking

Quote from: jastewart325 on May 17, 2022, 02:14:06 PM
Snoking--

I got the thumb throttle and, not being a tool-oriented guy, and I wonder how you trimmed it.

I bought this after a recent accident (nighttime, unexpectedly steep hill, fell over) that I think could have been avoided if I had used the throttle a couple of seconds earlier. I'm new to e-bikes and have never had a motorcycle, so maybe it isn't as natural to twist the throttle backwards (if I remember rightly through the fog, I first tried it forward). I think the thumb lever may help.

I snipped off with tin snips which was a bit of a mistake. It end up with a notch in it. Better to saw it off with a hack saw or use a cut off wheel in your Dremel tool. I used a file to smooth out the thing after cutting off the extra.