News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Help, looking for a Radrover compatible rear rack in Canada

Started by Wildrover, May 13, 2021, 09:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Wildrover

Hi

I preordered a Radrover Step Thru, it has yet to ship but I’m trying to put together the accessories I need now.

I need to carry some luggage options to accommodate some light camera gear and a small tripod, a rear rack should help with this. (I intend to take photos around town and down gravel roads with more freedom to stop randomly then a car would allow)

I’ve seen two racks mentioned on this forum (with the Radpower rack constantly out of stock) Topeak and Ibera. The topeak was out of stock from anyone who might ship to me, and the Ibera Ra5 was available on Amazon.ca
Well... I hesitated.... I intended to research more on its compatibility with trunk bags etc... and then I was hit hard this last week with 12hr+ shifts because I had co-workers go into quarantine (they were healthy it was a precaution)
Now that I finally have my head above water, I find that that both racks are out of stock everywhere.

So... are these three out of stock racks my only option? How picky is the Radrover for compatibility? If I’m going to try an unrecommended rack from Amazon, I’m going to have to wait until I have bike in hand, so I can return to Amazon in short order. My local bike shop has almost no selection for racks.
Ideally I would like to rig up the bike when it arrives and launch as envisioned.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

DickB

Many standard bike racks will fit. I got this one on Amazon.

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

George3

Take a look at this one from Amazon. I purchased it and it fits my Rover just perfect.....

https://amzn.to/3qziWYf

Drivah

I bought a slightly (100 km)used Rover with no rack . No stock at RadPower so purchased a rack for Volt Yukon 750 . $49 +$9.99 shipping ( MB ). Sits a little further back than "RP" rack but that's okay it looks great . You can buy a brake light extension cable from RP to relocate the brake light to the rack. ($ 7 )

Old Timer

I had exactly the same problem, required a rear carrier for my Nikon, a few lenses, and a lightweight tripod. I found a nice, sturdy one on AliExpress. This carrier is not designed for a passenger, unlike the Rad one. Picture attached.