News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Smooth tires to replace stock 20"x3.3"?

Started by clarity, February 20, 2021, 11:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

clarity

Have a radunner plus and want to go to a smooth street type tire, also am interested in a narrower tire. Do any of you have narrower smooth tires suggestions to replace the 20x3.3? I'm interested in a different tire for less rotating weight, less rolling resistance and better handling.  I've seen folks use a 26x2.6
tire as a replacement for a 26x4 tire with success, what would be a minimum width tire replacement for the 20x3.3.

thanks, Brian

Veggyhed

Rad used to sell a mini with road tires. I don't remember how wide they were. I'm pretty sure you could find a 20-in wheel that is narrower than the stock. I've thought about replacing tires on my bike with something narrower but I've not done too much research on it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

clarity

I've searched online a lot, only found a 3" smooth street tire, looking for a tire, do not want to replace the rim.Has anyone used less than a 3" tire on the stock 20" rims?

thanks, Brian

FortunatelyTheMilk

20x4 seems to be the standard, the Kenda K-Rads are an unusual size. Vee Speedsters come in that size, and are road biased.

Calson

For reduced rolling resistance a narrower tire with a high PSI rating and less aggressive tread will provide the best results. Normally with rims there is a maximum recommended width and rarely a minimum width specified. Or work backwards with the tire specifications and see what the maximum rim width they specify.

I would look for a 20x3 inch tire that had as high a max inflation amount as possible. Start with your current tires and see what the max pressure shows on the sidewall and at least pump the tires to that level and use an accurate tire pressure gauge.

vudude

My 2020 Mini came with 3" smooth tires. They show them on their website.