News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrunner flashing pedal assist light - no pedal assist

Started by markastuart, November 03, 2023, 05:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

markastuart

Hello,
this bike is 16 months old with less than 200 miles.  I was riding with a full battery and then I hear some clunking sound in the back wheel and the wheel was bucking, as if the transmission wasn't syncing in a car.  10 seconds later I lost any motor power and had to pedal home. 
Today i went down with a charged battery and then it appeared the battery was dead - no lights on the led monitor.  I saw a couple of videos and sure enough the 40amp fuse was burned out.  I just bought a new fuse, plugged it in, and Voila - the led battery was on and seemed fully powered.  I started to ride and the pedal assist was working fine.  Within 30 seconds it started to buck again and now I have no power to the motor.  The LED light started to flash under the Pedal Assist Level. Assume Pedal Assist, but figured i'd check here.  If it is that, should i try to fix it myself?  I'm fairly handy.  Any tips would be appreciated.  thanks, mark

handlebar

I don't have any expert tips, but if you put it on the stand with the power off and turn the wheel backwards, does it sound okay? On the stand, does the throttle work? Can turning the pedals get pedal assist on the stand?

markastuart

yes, it made a very strange clunky noise when i put on the stand and turned wheel backwards, like it was stuck. however, after fixing the fuse in the battery it went away. 

handlebar

If it happened to me, I'd look on youtube for how to take my motor apart for inspection.