News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrover 6 plus question

Started by VegasSteve, July 17, 2022, 12:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

VegasSteve

So I'm 6'1" which is within the range for the step thru, however, when I do the inseam measurement, I'm 1 inch over.  I'm also 67 years old and want a step thru bike for sure.  I know we are all a little different in physical measurements, but can anyone speculate if I might be ok on this bike?  I saw a review of one on youtube where the guy was 6'1" and he said the bike didn't fit him.  I have no place to test ride near me.  The price right now seems pretty nice and I like all the specs.  Advice appreciated!

I'm also new to the whole ebike thing, but have ridden regular bikes for years, but casually.  I had a Trek 200 Navigator years ago and when they sized me for that, they went too big on the frame and it was uncomfortable to get on/off.  And VERY uncomfortable to straddle the bike (if you know what I mean).  Had to get rid of it and miss riding (but not missing uphill pedaling, thus, ebikes sound pretty good).

Thanks!

KGB328

Hello VegasSteve,
We just got our RR6+'s yesterday and we love them!  I'm 5'10" with an inseam of 32".  During our first ride I ended up adjusting my seat height three times before I settled on the highest position allowed by the stock seat post.

VegasSteve

Thanks for the input.  So can you replace the stock seatpost with a bit longer suspension style seatpost?  I'm reading that suspension posts are more comfortable and just wondered if this would be doable?

JimInPT

Quote from: blogsandar on July 19, 2022, 07:24:24 PM
You may feel as in case you are floating amidst the celebrities or that they're dropping rain upon you.

That's my life's dream!  But it's not rain they're dropping upon us. 

And BTW, what is there to "celebrate" about narcissistic preening morons?
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Rover

...So can you replace the stock seatpost with a bit longer suspension style seatpost?  I'm reading that suspension posts are more comfortable and just wondered if this would be doable?

I don't believe anyone answered your question but the answer should be yes I'd say.

Porthole

Quote from: VegasSteve on July 19, 2022, 08:07:26 AM
Thanks for the input.  So can you replace the stock seatpost with a bit longer suspension style seatpost?  I'm reading that suspension posts are more comfortable and just wondered if this would be doable?

We just got a pair of 6+'s.
I'm 5'9" and have no issue with the high step, although I will admit, it's much easier getting on and off my wife's step through.
I also ordered and am using the Suntour suspension post on my bike.
Thanks,
Duane

RadRover 6+ Charcoal high step
RadRover 6+ White step through