News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadRover 6 Plus Hills question?

Started by RogerC, December 11, 2021, 08:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

RogerC

Is the RadRover 6 Plus a strong hill climber? I am 225 lbs, 6'3" and 68 years old. I am little worried that the RadRover 6 Plus is not quite strong enough to climb the hills where I live. They are pretty steep and the motor is 750 watts total. I do not have the strongest legs so will use the throttle some.
How do the rest of you rate the hill climbing ability of the RadRover 6 Plus?
Feedback from your experiences with the RadRover 5 will help me decide.
TIA

bruntoj

I'm 220 lbs.  I came away from the reviews and videos thinking my RR6 might be able to throttle up fairly steep hills, although I had doubts given that the reviewers were always around 170 lbs.

I have to peddle up steep hills but it's still ridiculously easy.  I go up trails in first gear and PAS 5 and sometimes spin the back tire on the steep ones.

I recommend you test ride something if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eric7

I am wondering. How does a Rad Rover 6 Plus or any "full-sized wheel bike" compare to a Rad Mini in hill climbing? The way I see it, a Rad Mini, because of the smaller wheel, will have an advantage over the Rad Rover 6 Plus in hill climbing since the hubs are probably not that much different. 

Or to put it another way, rated purely on hill climbing, a 750 watt 20 inch wheel bike should beat any 750 watt bigger wheel bike unless there is a significant difference in gear ratio. In this case, I think all Rad Power Bikes are 5:1 gear ratio.