Author Topic: Mini ST new seat  (Read 2336 times)

Lolly17

• View Profile
Mini ST new seat
« on: March 08, 2021, 09:20:13 AM »
Hello, I’m a newbie and I need a seat change. I’m considering the Cloud 9 or Gelle Royale Cruiser for my ample booty. Do I also need a new post?  Anyone out there with experience in either seat? Thanks! 

Altema

• View Profile
Re: Mini ST new seat
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 12:55:51 AM »
I have the Cloud-9 Cruiser Select Airflow, and the Selle Royal Drifter Gel Cruiser Saddle. Both seats fit the stock RadMini seat post. This particular Cloud 9 is the firmer of the two, but I'm preferring it right now. The Selle Royal Drifter is softer and has better springs, but the seating position is vague, and I get annoyed at having to reposition myself a few times to get it "right". Your mileage (and comfort) may vary!

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 08:36:23 AM »
I also swapped out the stock seat torture device with a Cloud-9 Cruiser Select within a couple days of putting my Mini ST on the road.  It's a big improvement but my butt is still somewhat sore after 30 minutes or so (it only took 4-5 minutes with the stock seat).  So I have a Bikeroo Senior (https://amzn.to/3bhjg7v) on order, due to arrive next week, just to see if it's a bit better.  I think seats are like shoes; you have to try them on to see if they fit, and maybe I just haven't developed the right butt callouses yet.

The Cloud 9 is a bit heavy, but very well built and solid - to install, remove the included C9 post adapter and just mount its rails directly to the stock Rad Mini post.

UPDATE June 14:
I've now tried the Bikeroo and a Velmia, both are well-made seats but just didn't improve things.  After adding a Redshift suspension seatpost, I eventually settled on a different Cloud 9 seat, their Cruiser Gel Sofa model, which is wider and flatter than the Cruiser Select and for me the best of the bunch so far.  https://amzn.to/3helhU7 The nose on this one is about 1.5" too long IMHO, but doesn't get in the way.  Unfortunately, you have to keep trying seats to find the best fit, but a good return policy for the rejects helps. 

My butt still gets sore, not as much, but shifting around a bit helps and the Redshift really helps smooth out the bumps along the way.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 07:45:03 PM by Ryan »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 05:39:34 PM »
My parents both have Cloud-9 seats and we have an older model as well. Comparing the two which are identical in size, I find that the one with a neoprene-like cover is more comfortable: https://amzn.to/3eCdwaQ

Though as others have mentioned, bike seats are a personal preference.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 05:39:34 PM »