News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Assembly Question - Front Tire

Started by TopDownDriver, May 08, 2021, 04:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

TopDownDriver

Hey, just finished the assembly of the Rad Mini Step-Thru 2.

Had to adjust the front brake according to the video (two clicks counter-clockwise) in order to get the front wheel seated properly.  However, I am wondering if it is enough.  When moving the bike by hand, the front wheel does not move freely, there is some friction there.  Is this normal?

Have not ridden it yet as the battery is still charging.  It says it could take more than 7 hours for the first charge, so it will get its first workout tomorrow.

Thanks for the assistance!

Ryan

That is not normal. The wheel should spin freely. What I always like to do is bed in the brakes before doing any adjusting to the brakes (assuming they function out of the box). This can be accomplished by getting up to speed and doing some controlled but firm stopping a few times.

vudude

Welcome TopDownDriver. The video does tell you to turn it 2 clicks, and I did it too, with the same results, so I turned it back to the original position. I guess Rad just wanted to make new users aware of the brake adjustment.

erik

in my case the cable sheath wasn't seated fully at the caliper, which applied the brakes.   Tried the two click routine first, it had no effect.  Then went four clicks, before noticing the cable sheath problem.   Seated it in place, then adjusted the brakes back to where they were.   Been fine since.